bruises › WINTER ver.

A/N: First aespa imagine !! 🥳 It's been a while since I've posted a Bruises imagine,,, check out the LEESEO and HUH YUNJIN versions if you haven't ! By the way, I will not be making that (G)I-DLE version of Scandalous, unfortunately, sorry ✌🏼😔

☆ Also, from now on, just for the time being, I'm no longer taking any requests, thank you! ☆

***

For the entire day, Winter's been both literally and metaphorically on the edge of her seat, just waiting for the day to end so that she could finally stop by your apartment and see you. These days, she and the girls have had a packed schedule of promotions for their latest release of Girls, so they haven't been able to see you that often. The five of you were really close, especially you and Winter, for obvious reasons, so to not be seeing each other as frequently as you would like was putting a damper on all of your spirits.

She was in the middle of recording a cover she was working on, when a staff member named Nam Gyuri came barreling into the studio, panicked and out of breath.

Winter eyed the staff member with a curious glint in her eyes. "Is there something wrong?" She asked the elder.

Nam Gyuri took a long pause to catch her breath. But when she opened her mouth to speak, Winter wished she didn't have to hear it.

"Y/N- Lobby- Blood- Lots of cameras- It's- It's bad, Winter, you need to get down there, right now." The worker said sternly, with not-so-subtle urgency in her voice. "She won't let us take her to the hospital, she says she just wants you." She explained.

Winter's eyes widened comically. She couldn't believe what she was hearing. With her entire being, she was hoping, praying, that this worker was just speaking nonsense, that you were actually alright. Or maybe, by some miracle, you just had a simple cut on your leg and were being your usual dramatic self. That could be it, right?

Winter immediately snatched the headphones from her head and slammed them down, before exiting the recording booth and booking it out of the door faster than she's ever done before. She ran down the hall and stopped in front of the elevator, impatiently waiting for the doors to open after pressing the down button. When the doors finally opened, she immediately entered and pressed the button for the ground floor, and then the one to close the doors. She had somewhere important to be. With you.

She felt as though a million thoughts were running through her mind at lightning speed, but she could only focus on one thing, the one thing that's constantly been on her mind all day long. You. But this isn't the way she hoped to see you today. She wanted to see you happy, she wanted to see the adorable smile you always gave her when the two of you meet after almost a week of being apart due to schedules. She wanted to see your eyes lighting up. She didn't want to see tears in your eyes. She didn't want to see blood staining your clothes.

The elevator pinged, alerting Winter that she had arrived on the ground floor. The doors opened so painstakingly slow, almost as if it were in slow motion, to reveal a crowd in the center of the lobby. She heard a couple of people trying to calm someone down, several people trying to capture the moment on camera, and others trying to push back those people.

Winter nearly passed out at the sight of the crowd. Ever since she became an idol, maybe even before she debuted, she's had a fear of paparazzi. She didn't like how unpredictable they are, she didn't like the fact that they had the power to pry, the power to tear her and the people she loves apart with just the snap of a photo.

But she needed to get to you. So she took a deep breath. And then she walked-more like ran-towards the crowd. As soon as she approached it, she began to push through the seemingly countless people surrounding who she assumed to be you. She tried not to be too rough, but some of the people required her to use a lot more strength to move.

When she finally made it to the center of the commotion, her breath got caught in her throat, more so than it already was. There you were, right before her eyes, beaten and battered, almost to the point where she didn't even think it was you. You were being held in the arms of a staff member. You had blood smeared across your forehead, multiple small bruises scattered across your face and visible skin, some larger than others, and there were scratches scaling up your left arm. Your cheeks were drenched in tears, your face was scrunched up in pain, and your eyes were closed as you breathed erratically. And one question began to bounce around the corners of Winter's mind: Why wouldn't you let anyone help you if you looked to be in so much pain?

She exhaled a shaky breath, before surging forward and falling to her knees. She carefully removed you from the man's hold and brought you into her own, cradling your body against hers tightly, but not enough to hurt you, hopefully. You winced harshly, letting out a pained moan. Tears sprung up in Winter's eyes as she looked down at you, stroking your hair with a trembling hand.

"Jagi," She whispered. The crack in her voice made you open your eyes. You visibly relaxed, just in the slightest, when you met Winter's watery eyes.

"Minie," You rasped, throat dry. "You're here."

She let out a sad, pained chuckle, and you could hear the raw emotion in the simple sound. "I'm here. I'm here." She pressed her lips against the crown of your head, leaving a gentle kiss behind, but letting her lips linger as tears streamed down her red cheeks.

She no longer had a care for the people surrounding the two of you. It was as if she could only see you. She didn't care for the camera shutters and microphones that captured the chaotic atmosphere around you. All that mattered right now was you. She didn't care what her managers would say to her about exposing your relationship after all of this is said and done. She didn't care.

"I'm here, and we'll get you the help you need, okay? Okay? Stay awake for me, my beautiful girl. Please." She spoke softly, noticing that you were having a hard time keeping your eyes open. She felt another tear slip, and she had to bite back a sob.

She could hear everyone's voices, opinions, unnecessary words around her, all blending into one loud noise. She couldn't stand this. Everything was too loud. She didn't want to overwhelm you.

"Everybody, shut up!"

The once noisy atmosphere almost instantly quieted down the moment Winter raised her voice (after covering your ears, of course). The staff offered the both of you sympathetic looks, while most of the reports seemed to be a bit agitated, but a select few seemed apologetic as they slowly lowered their cameras and microphones.

Winter continued as she removed her hands from your ears and went on to hold you close. "Can't you see she's hurt? And here all of you are, still just looking for a story like the heartless jerks that you are. There's no story here! So just go away! All of you!"

Relief overcame both of you when three other women came into sight, having pushed through the crowd as well.

"Girls," Winter called out happily.

While Ningning and Giselle assisted in forming a human barrier around you and Winter, Karina squatted down in front of you and took your hand in hers. "Hey, Y/N," She spoke quietly. "Help is on the way, okay? Everything will be alright." She informed, patting your hand, before letting go.

You swallowed thickly and averted your gaze from her to Winter, who was already looking at you. It seemed she couldn't keep her eyes off of you. You don't blame her. This must be frightening for her, seeing you in a state such as the one you're in and not knowing why or what happened.

Winter nodded along to Karina's words. "You heard that, Jagi? You'll feel all better soon, I promise. Just stay awake for me."

You blinked slowly and, with as much strength as you could muster, parted your lips to speak. "Th- Tha-ank you."

***

QOTD: What groups/idols do you mostly(or entirely) read this book to see?
AOTD: I read my own stuff sometimes and I like everything I put out so... 🤷‍♀️