kim chaewon › wind & fire

A/N: This one is so crappy but here's something until I'm done working on some better ones, I'm so sorry TT

***

This was it.

This was the end of the line for you. All of the years of training, learning, and growing you experienced over the last four years at the academy only led you to this moment. They led you to place your trust in people who didn't deserve it. Because of your own stupidity, because you decided to trust and believe in a couple of humans you thought you could consider as friends, you were now stuck in this situation.

This situation as in being cornered by FES (Fairy Extermination Squad) officers. They were all standing yards away, cautious but still administering a threat to you, shields up and guns ready. This was a task force of officers equipped and specialized in combating with upper-level strength fairies like yourself.

And upper-level strength fairies like yourself have to protect themselves. So you did just that.

You held your hands out with a deep frown on your face, and bright flames danced in the palms of your hands. You raised them in a threatening manner, before launching a flame towards a cluster of officers. Shouts were heard as they raised their shields and the flame died out upon contact.

You screamed out in frustration. A bullet flew. It grazed your cheek, making your body freeze up and go rigid.

When you finally got ahold of yourself, you lit another flame in your hand, letting it trail up your arm. With a powerful force, you threw the fireball, simultaneously sliding to the right and dropping to the ground.

When you came back up a few seconds later, after the wall took a round of bullets, you looked around, scared.

You let out another scream as you ducked, dodging another bullet.

You nearly jumped out of your skin when you heard the pops and crackles of several rounds of bullets, all aimed at you.

Yet not a single one hit you.

You looked up in shock as you took in the sight. One of your academy's best fighter fairies stood before you, and she had used her air magic to catch all of the bullets thrown your way.

You let a smile take over your features as you stood back up and ran to her.

"Chaewon! What are you doing here?" You questioned.

She smirked and looked at you, saying nothing in response as she suddenly shot all of the bullets back at the officers, some getting hit, others not.

"I came to save your ass because you're always getting it in trouble." She said smugly, slapping your ass as she pushed you to the side.

She pushed a large gust of wind towards all of the officers, sending them all toppling over. That gave her the opportunity to grab your hand and take off running.

"Wait, where are we going?!" You shouted.

She looked back at you to grin. Again, she said nothing. So you nearly fainted when you saw the sleek black car awaiting the two of you. Chaewon gently pushed you towards the passenger side, while she ran to the driver's.

"Come on, babe, get in. Quickly, now." She urged. You followed her instructions and entered the car, not even having the chance to buckle your seatbelt before she took off at a high speed, zipping down the streets.

A few minutes of tense silence later, she finally spoke. "Okay... We should be safe now. I've cloaked us. Care to tell me why the fuck you thought it would be a good idea to disappear and come to the human world, when you fucking know that they have put up fairy detectors all over the city? You're such a fucking idiot sometimes, I swear." She snapped, an exasperated expression taking over her features.

You bit your lip, sighing. "Look, I get it, it was dumb. I just... I just wanted a group of people who liked me for... well, me. A lot of the fairies at the academy consider me an outcast, you know that, Chaewon." You explained.

She sighed as well, not saying another word for the next ten minutes of her driving.

Finally, you came to a stop in a secluded area, an empty parking lot of a building that looks as if nobody's been in it for several years.

You shot her a look of confusion. She turned to look at you with a stern gaze. Then she got out of the car. This only made you more confused, and even more so when she reentered, this time in the back seats.

"Well, what are you waiting for? Come on. Back here with me." She stated.

You nervously undid your seatbelt, before exiting the car and repeating her actions. Once you were sitting next to her, there was a tense silence.

Until she grabbed you.

She reached across you and grabbed you by the thigh, using some force to pull you up and over her so that you were now straddling her lap.

"Is this okay?" You nodded, feeling a butterfly frenzy in your stomach, tickling your insides. You still felt nervous, but at the same time, you felt as if all of your nerves had vanished.

She placed a hand on your thigh, while she let her other grab your chin, tilting your head down.

"Never do something stupid like that again, Y/N."

"I know, I know, it was stupid, I get it. It won't happen again. Unsupervised, at least." You huffed.

She rolled her eyes and pulled you down, smashing her lips against yours.

***

QOTD: Celebrity crush?
AOTD: Hanni (NewJeans), LE SSERAFIM as a whole lmao, and Wonyoung (IVE)