momo › run your mouth (pt. one) (requested)

You're an idol in the Korean entertainment industry

You're an idol in the Korean entertainment industry. You're a member of a four-member group named Celeste, and you're the second eldest. The eldest is named Xiaofang, the youngest is named Naeun, and the second youngest is named Yunwon. Your persona is naturally cold, but you're working on changing it-you just find it hard to not have a stone cold face most of the time. In most occurrences, your members are truly the only ones who can make you smile and laugh. It's just who you are. The only time that you actually have an expression is when you're on stage. Your stage presence is no joke in the industry.

You're currently lounging around in the living room of your dorm-as you all have an off day today-zoning out as the news channel droned on and on about some idol from a popular group and how much of a sweetheart they are. You zoned back in at some point, and managed to catch what the idol's name was. Momo from a girl group named TWICE.

"Momo-sunbaenim," you mumbled to yourself. You know of her. Mostly because you've admired her for a long time. You've heard many great things about her, and you'd be lying if you said you weren't attracted to her. What's there not to like? She's gorgeous, can dance like no other, and, from what you've seen of her in videos (since you have yet to meet her in real life), she's also got a charming personality.

"Y/N."

You looked up when you heard Xiaofang call out for you from the entryway. "Yeah?"

Xiaofang gestured to the front door with a jerk of her head.

"Get ready. We have Japanese lessons in thirty."

"Coming."

"Thank you so much, Angels!" You and the girls called out to your fans in the crowd. You had just done an encore stage for the crowd after winning on a music show, and it was now over, so you're heading to the dressing rooms now.

As you were hanging around backstage, you conversed with Naeun, who was clinging to you as she talked about the win you just got.

"I'm so happy!" She exclaimed. "Our very first music show win, can you believe it, Unnie?" She questioned.

You cracked a small smile and patted her head. "Yeah, kid, I can. We worked hard on this album. You did a good job, dongsaeng," you praised.

The ecstatic smile on Naeun's face only caused yours to grow, but it quickly fell when your ears accidentally picked up a conversation happening not too far from you.

"What did you think about Celeste's performance?"

Curious, you turned your head ever-so-slightly to the left-as to not make it obvious that you were listening in, just in case they were looking at you-and were met with the J-line of TWICE talking in a corner a couple if meters away from you. They were speaking in Japanese, and you were able to understand-you pay close attention in your language lessons-so you decided to listen in. In your defense, you're actually curious to know what your sunbae's thought of your group's performance.

Mina, who asked the question, followed up by saying, "I personally really enjoyed it! Xiaofang-chan and Y/N-chan's presence on stage is no joke!" She stated.

You saw Sana nod her head in agreement with a small smile. "Yeah! I enjoyed it too!"

Your brows furrowed, however, when Momo spoke up, and what she said nearly caused your face to fall and your shoulders to drop.

"Honestly, it wasn't their best. Y/N's performance especially was lacking a little bit, for me. I don't how in the world they won the award anyway, the song wasn't even that good."

You froze when you made eye contact with Momo, but you kept a blank face and simply bowed towards her to hopefully give her the impression that you didn't understand a thing she said and were simply just glancing at her. You could see her tense up a bit, but ignored it and turned your head back to Naeun.

Deep inside, your feelings were hurt. You've been extremely tired recently, but you had honestly put all of your effort into today's stage. Her words hurt, to be honest.

Maybe she's not the sweetheart everyone thinks she is.

It's the next day and you've just taken home another music show win, and you're now giving an acceptance speech.

"Thank you so much for this award, we really appreciate it," you said with a small smile.

Your eyes searched the crowd for a specific face. Hirai Momo. Then you spoke again.

"Although there are some people out there who don't believe in us, and talk bad about us and put us down, we promise to continue to work hard. Again, thank you."

With that, you handed the microphone to Yunwon, and they all went on to give their speeches.

After everything was over, you were all now backstage once again. As you expected, a nervous Hirai Momo approached you. She was fiddling with her hands and keeping her gaze away from your eyes.

You have to admit, although it's irrelevant at this moment, she looks gorgeous in her stage outfit.

Back in the moment, Momo finally looked into your eyes, visibly guilty. "Y/N-chan," she called out quietly.

You hummed, crossing your arms and raising an eyebrow. She only sighed and rubbed the back of her neck.

She spoke in her native tongue. "Can you understand Japanese?" She questioned.

You nodded shortly.

Her eyes widened, which almost made you laugh.

"Oh my God, I'm so sorry for what I said yesterday, if you heard, I really am! After your speech, I reflected on my words, and I realized that I could have worded it better," she explained. She looked down at the ground. "Truth be told... My members and I are exhausted. I let my feelings and frustration of not winning cloud my words and spoke poorly about you and your group, and for that, I'm truly sorry."

You smirked. That was what you wanted; an apology. "Apology accepted, sunbaenim." You also spoke in Japanese. "That was all I wanted to hear. To be completely honest, your words did hurt my feelings. The reason my performance might not have been the best is because, much like your group, mine is also tired."

Momo waved her hands around frantically. "No, no, no, don't think that! Your performance wasn't bad, I was just jealous because I felt that my performance was bad, and I took it out on you as harsh criticism that was uncalled for and untrue. You did amazing on stage, both yesterday and today, I promise."

She offered you her hand, and had her pinky out towards you with an adorable smile playing on her lips. You couldn't help but let a small smile win your own lips as you hooked your pinky on hers.

***

A/N: I wanna write a LE SSERAFIM imagine for their 1st anniversary (ik I'm a lil late). Anyone have an suggestions for a plot and what member you want to see ?