hickey prank › HAEWON ver. (pt. two) (requested)

You sighed as you kicked a pebble with the toe of your combat boot. You were walking along the path that led out of the university building with a visibly upset demeanor.

You were just about to trudge in the direction of the café, when you heard your name being called out from behind you. The voice was familiar.

You looked over your shoulder to see Ryujin trying to catch up to you, running along the path you were walking. When she came to a halt right in front of you, she held up her index finger and planted her other hand on her knee as she gasped for a breath. You gave her a weird look, not particularly in the mood to chat.

"What do you want, Sunbaenim?" You didn't mean for your statement to come off as standoffish, if it did. You were just upset. Upset about Haewon's reaction to the prank. You couldn't get over the look on her face. She didn't seem jealous, she just seemed... angry. You didn't like it; not knowing what she was mad at. Was it you? Ryujin? Something you subconsciously did? Someone else, maybe? You just didn't know, and your chest hurt just thinking about it.

Ryujin gave you a small smile as she stood upright. She placed a comforting hand on your shoulder. "I'm one-hundred percent sure that she's not mad at you, Y/N." She said.

You pouted.

"You wanna know why?" She asked.

You nodded. She piqued your interest. How could she possibly know that Haewon, for sure, wasn't mad at her?

"Because," Ryujin began, turning your body so that the both of you were facing another direction. "She's waiting for you there."

She pointed to an outdoor table near the building, near the small flower garden that you loved to sit by to study and do work. And there sat Oh Haewon, looking as beautiful as ever as she sat prettily at the table, smiling over at the two of you. You felt Ryujin give you a nudge with her elbow, and you looked at her incredulously.

"What's going on?" You asked. Although Haewon didn't look mad, you were feeling a bit skeptical, almost feeling like there was a catch to this situation.

Ryujin simply smiled wider. "Y/N. Don't worry. Nothing bad will happen. She just wants to talk to you, I promise. I'll be waiting nearby in the café in case something happens or you need something, okay?"

You nodded nervously. With that, she ventured off to the café, leaving you by yourself. You looked back to Haewon, who was looking at you expectantly. She beckoned you over with her hand, a friendly smile on her face. What could she want to talk about? Not knowing that made you ten times more nervous, worried that it might be something bad.

With hesitation and fear in every step you took, you slowly walked to where Haewon was sitting. As you approached her, you felt as if you were rethinking all of your choices in life that led you up to this one.

You carefully lowered yourself into the seat next to her, and sat there stiffly. "Hi-" You cleared your throat, a bright red shade of embarrassment creeping up your neck. "Sorry, uh, hi." You squeaked.

Haewon giggled at you, covering her mouth with her hand. "Hi, Y/N. Do you know why I want to talk to you?" She asked softly.

You shook your head, a small frown playing on your lips. You didn't know. And you hated not knowing.

Suddenly, Haewon's demeanor shifted. She became serious as she leaned closer to you, making your body go rigid. You froze when you heard her speak, her voice dropping an octave, which startled you greatly.

"A little birdie, aka Ryujin-sunbaenim, told me that the whole hickey ordeal was just a prank." She revealed. You nearly passed out. "And you bet your ass I'm going to deal with her for doing that to me, but I'm focused on you right now."

You gulped. "What- uh, what do you mean?" You dared to ask. You weren't necessarily intimidated, but you did find her actions and words extremely hot, so you were finding it harder and harder to keep your head out of the clouds.

She chuckled as she leaned back.

"As payback for giving me a heart attack and making me sad, you have to go out on a date with me, no ifs, ands, or buts."

***

QOTD: If you've ever had any Korean dishes, what's your favorite?
AOTD: For me, it's kimchi and rice 😩🧡