hong eunchae › sixth member of le sserafim

It was nearing the end of this day's schedule, and you and the girls were currently doing another quick run-through of the choreography for your upcoming comeback, ANTIFRAGILE. After this run-through, you would then do a serious take.

The only problem? You felt like you were dying. Your chest felt tight, your stomach was hurting due to not eating properly in the last few days, and the room was beginning to feel a bit too warm. It seemed to be spinning.

Regardless, you kept going. Your comeback was going to be big, it had to be. And for that to happen, you and the girls had to work hard. Sakura had made it a point to always have a group discussion every week about things that were stressing you all out, and every time, you watched as all of the girls always brought up the comeback and their worries regarding it. You, on the other hand, always laughed it off and said that you were rather excited. But you were really stressing about it, too. So you were pushing yourself.

The room suddenly felt smaller. None of the girls seemed to notice your poor state.

And it wasn't until the serious choreo take that anyone did.

Your dance instructor clapped her hands as she yelled out the counts so you could hear them. "One, two, three, four, five, six- Y/N!" She paused in the middle of counting. You all were halfway through the song.

You bowed and apologized, giving them a sincerely apologetic smile and waving it off. "Sorry, guys. I got distracted and became off-beat. Sorry." You spoke quietly.

The instructor gave you a pointed look, making you look down. A wave of nausea abruptly hit you at full force, making you feel terrible. You hunched over and gagged, placing a hand over your mouth as you began to feel lightheaded.

Your actions caught the attention of Kazuha first.

"Y/N!" She was quickly by your side, unsurprisingly followed by Eunchae, who took your hand in her own and rubbed your back.

Eunchae leaned down to meet your squinted eyes. "Y/N. Are you okay? Do you need to lie down?" She asked.

"No!" You quickly responded, jolting up.

Bad idea.

Next thing you know, your vision blurs and you're toppling over into someone's arms as your eyes fall shut. Then, all you see is darkness.

"Y/N!"

💨

You slowly awoke to the feeling of small gusts of air hitting your face. It felt great against your hot skin.

You looked around and saw that you were still in the dance studio. You were lying on the floor with your head resting in someone's lap and familiar hands fanning your face. You tried to sit up, but the hand gently pushed you back down by the chest. You looked up and made eye contact with Eunchae, who looked down at you with worry swimming in her glassy eyes.

"Thank God you're awake." She said quietly, caressing your cheek. You frowned and leaned into her touch as you closed your eyes.

"What happened?" You asked.

She sighed. "You passed out due to a high fever. You've been out for twenty minutes." She explained. Then she furrowed her eyebrows as her already serious expression became even more so. "Why would you continue on with practice if you weren't feeling well? You know that we would understand."

You bit your lip and peered up at her with guilty eyes. "Well, we're going to release the comeback soon, so I-"

She immediately cut you off.

"I don't care! That doesn't matter! This release is not more important than our health! If we aren't taking care of ourselves, how are we to do our jobs as idols? Huh?" She questioned sternly.

You averted your eyes from hers. "I'm sorry. I know. It's just... I didn't wanna let anybody down."

Her eyes softened. "Babe, you know you could never do that. Not with us. We all know how hard all of us have worked to get to where we are now, and how hard we work daily to improve. We all know how hard you work. It's okay to take a break, we'd understand. Just remember that from now on."

You nodded in response.

"Don't worry," She said as she brushed her lips against yours, using her hand to brush her fingertips across your still warm forehead. "I'll take care of you, lovely." She smiled down at you. Cupping your cheek, she closed the gap and pressed her lips against yours.