huh yunjin › seoul city (pt. two)

The three of you were now standing at the village borders, where So Jangmi and her family were going to be landing. Jangmi is one of the few airbenders still alive. She, her husband, and her two kids were flying down to the Jeju-do tribe, where they would be coming to pick you up and take you back to Seoul, to train you in the final element you needed to master: air.

By now, all of the villagers had returned to their homes, leaving you, the girls, Jangmi, her family, your parents, and Jangmi's mom.

Jangmi wore a nervous smile as she walked up to you and her mom, one of the village elders named So Hana.

"Hey- Hey eomma.."

"Hello, my beautiful girl." Hana smiled cheekily, before pulling her and Minho, Jangmi's husband, into a tight hug. When she let go, she gave her daughter a knowing look. "There's been a change of plans, hasn't there?"

Jangmi looked between her mother, and you, the one she was supposed to be taking back to the city. She sighed. "Momma... Avatar Y/N... Seoul city has been dealing with some hard stuff lately, and I just don't know if I can train her and do my duty as a council member. I would have one of my children help, but they haven't quite mastered it yet either." She said, pointing a finger at her two children, who just accidentally buried each other in snow.

You gave Jangmi a wide smile, making her relax. "It's okay, Seonsaengnim, I completely understand! But I think I can still go, regardless, and maybe we can strike a deal. Since I am the avatar, what if I helped you out around the city, taking care of whatever is bothering it, and then you'll have more time to train me?"

Jangmi looked at you with a blank face, before sighing again. "I can't let you do that, Avatar Y/N."

"And why is that?"

"Because, one, it's too dangerous and I don't want you to get hurt or hurt yourself. You're just a-"

"Don't you dare finish that sentence." You interjected, looking her dead in the eyes. "I am not the child that you all think I am!" You raised your voice as you looked around at everyone. "I can defend myself and hold my own-I can protect myself. I'm not eleven anymore, so stop treating me like I am! And what's the big deal, anyway? If I'm to save the world, how can you expect me to when you won't even let me go to Seoul?!"

By the time you had finished yelling, rocks had been thrown around, the snow began to float, and your fists were engulfed in bright flames.

"I..." Jangmi seemed to be speechless and tongue-tied. After a long pause, she finally caved with a sigh. "Very well, Avatar Y/N."

You grinned, feeling proud of yourself. You let the flames die out. The snow and rocks quickly found their place back on the ground as well.

"Thank you, Seonsaengnim!" You squealed, hugging her and her husband. Minho laughed and rested his hand on your back, giving you a fatherly smile.

"Come, Y/N. Let's go and get your bags! I'm so excited, Ye-in will finally have another girl to be around! From now on, we'll be your guardians, so feel free to call me uncle, or just Minho."

"Okay, Uncle Min!" You giggled as you and Minho took off running in the direction of your hut that was located near the village square.

‧₊˚ ♥︎

"Uncle, what should I wear to the city? What do the people there wear?" You asked. You and Minho were walking towards Yena, their flying bison.

"Well, it's very different to what you wear here. I'll be right back, I actually brought an outfit for you. We can go shopping once we reach Seoul!" Minho exclaimed.