kim chaewon › speechless (pt. two)

TRIGGER WARNING:
[ description of the aftermath of abuse, murder ]

***

It was nearing one in the morning, and you were still wide awake. There was no way you were going to be able to fall asleep, no matter how tired you felt, due to the pain of the angry red marks littering your ashen skin. After the incident with Kim Chaewon, after she and her crew left the house, your mother made sure to make you never forget it. You couldn't get it out of your mind, the feeling of blood dripping from your nose and splattering on your thigh. You couldn't get it out of your ears, the loud snap of the belt as it came down on your body. You couldn't get it out of your skin, the marks left on your body. You felt ugly, broken, and helpless. But it was all you knew.

You were startled by a knock on your door. Your head snapped up at the sound. You clasped your hands over your ears and your body began to tremble, thinking that your mother had come back to hit you again.

You bit your lip when the door slowly creaked open. You refused to look up, even when the sound of heels clicking against the floor filled the room. Even when you knew someone was now standing right next to you.

"Look at me, darling."

Almost immediately, you raised your head at the sound of the familiar honey-like voice. Kim Chaewon.

You cried out in pain when she pulled you into a hug. Your fingers clawed at her back in a harmless manner, trying to get her off of you. As soon as she felt your hands on her backside, she pulled away from you, confused. It was only then that she noticed the state of your body. It wasn't that hard to notice, seeing as you were wearing nothing but a tattered tank top and a pair of shorts.

Her eyes darkened as they scanned over the several cuts and bruises scattered across your arms, legs, hands, and face. The sight clearly made her upset. You reached for her hand, but it was too late. She was already storming out of your bedroom and down the stairs. You jumped out of the bed, but by the time you reached the stairs, you heard a gunshot.

With painfully slow footsteps, you descended down the stairs, tightly gripping the railing. Tears brimmed your eyes as you soundlessly entered the living room. When you lowered your gaze to the body on the floor, your jaw fell, your eyes widened, and your battered hands flew up to your mouth. You felt bile rise in your throat as you sank to your knees.

Within a matter of seconds, however, Chaewon was by your side, gently cradling your head against her chest. You began to sob hysterically, broken cries leaving your mouth.

You weren't necessarily upset about the fact that she just killed your mother, but more about the fact that you had seen a dead body. You saw the blood oozing from the bullet hole in her head, pooling around her as she lay unmoving on her side.

"She's dead."

"I'm sorry. She's gone, darling, she's gone. That woman will never hurt you again. I'll make sure no one ever does, I swear to you." Chaewon spoke. She pressed her lips against your forehead and rubbed your arm soothingly.

"Everything will be okay. It'll be okay."

***

QOTD: If you were to become a trainee *under any entertainment, it doesn't matter*, what would you like to be trained in the most, or what position would you like to have?
AOTD: I would reaaaaallllyyyy love to be the main dancer of a group !! Or lead, at least.