irene › sixth member of red velvet

A/N: I'm sorry for being a little slow on updates ! School's kicking my ass + I'm working on another book, that should be coming out sooner or later (I'll put a sneak peek of the book at the end of this imagine [:) ! But anyway, I'll try to get out more updates to make up for the whopping five days I went without updating.

***

Today was the day that you and the girls would be making an appearance at the Mnet Asian Music Awards. You'll be performing Birthday and Feel My Rhythm, and you've been rehearsing for it for a little over a month now, so you're all excited to be on stage, see your fans, and perform for them.

And as much as you are still excited, that unfortunately didn't change the fact that you didn't feel so great. Yeri had questioned you about your paled skin while you were getting your hair and makeup done, but you brushed it off and said it was nothing. Though, the headache, nausea, stomach pain, and burning skin wasn't exactly nothing. You just didn't want to disappoint anyone. This is a big performance that you've all been working so hard on; you didn't want to let the girls or yourself down tonight, so you made the reckless decision to keep it to yourself.

Throughout the performance of Birthday, there were constantly silver stars dancing around your vision due to sharp movements, which was starting to become a distraction for you. On multiple occasions, it almost caused you to halt your movements. Thankfully, it didn't. But it was getting worse.

After Feel My Rhythm, when the lights dimmed, you were the first one to run off the stage.

‧₊˚ ♥︎

Camera shutters and flashes repeatedly went off as you and the girls stood side by side and posed at the red carpet. The sounds and lights were really not helping your already dire situation.

And it took you by surprise when, as you and the girls were about to walk further down, with you leading the line, you were hit with a very sudden wave of nausea. Your knees buckled and you lost your balance, resulting in you falling to the floor, your knees harshly colliding with the hard surface.

For a moment, everything went black and your body went limp, but luckily, Irene, who was behind you, was quick to catch you. She used one arm to hold you up, while the other was firmly holding the back of your head to keep it up.

Seulgi, whose outfit included a blazer, took off said blazer and used it to shield you and Irene from the cameras and prying reporters and news outlets.

"Y/N," You heard Irene calling out to you, but at the same time it felt like you didn't. As soon as you came to, you slowly lifted your head, eyes squinted as you met her worried gaze. She began fanning your face with her hand after feeling your forehead, only to find that you were burning up.

"Are you okay, my love? Do you think you can stand?" Irene asked. You shook your head. Even that subtle movement caused your head to hurt more. She caressed your cheek. "That's okay, don't worry, we'll get you out of here."

Wendy and Yeri were looking down at the two, concern written all over their faces, and Joy was crouched down beside the two of you, no different from the other girls. Seulgi remained blocking you from the public eye with a blank, almost angry-looking, look on her face.

Right at that moment, a medic approached you. You looked up at them wearily, not having any strength to get up on your own, but luckily, Irene and Wendy helped you get up. With that, they all walked you off of the carpet and away from the lights and cameras.

💋

"Hey, sunshine. Wake up. There you go."

Your eyes slowly fluttered open, and you were met with Irene leaning over you, pressing a gentle kiss to your forehead.

"Irene? Where are we?"

"We're at the hospital, babe. You passed out, remember?"

You nodded lightly. "Yeah. Yeah, I do. God, I'm sorry, that must've been embarrassing- Dammit, on the red carpet of all places." You cursed under your breath, not noticing the bewildered look on Irene's face.

"Babe!" She hissed, cupping your cheek and turning your head towards her. "What the hell? You passed out- There is nothing embarrassing about that, we were just worried for you! I was worried for you. I don't care where you pass out, even if you did it at the damn Blue House! I would still worry for you and only you, and all of my attention would be on you, my love, no one else." She snapped.

It went silent for a few beats, until the first tears rolled down your cheek. Then another. Your bottom lip trembled. Irene cooed and used her thumbs to wipe your cheeks.

"Oh, baby don't cry. I'm sorry if I came across as mean, I just wanted you to know that I love you, and I worry for you, and I always will. You passing out wasn't embarrassing at all, and we don't care that it happened at the red carpet. We just care that you passed out, you know?"

You nodded your head and sniffled. She kissed your forehead.

"Don't worry, my love, I'll take care of you."

***

A/N: