trainee logbook #1 › HONG EUNCHAE (pt. one)

Since, for some reason, I can't put headers anymore, I made my own

Since, for some reason, I can't put headers anymore, I made my own. They look a little wonky but it's okay (':

***

- Step Up Entertainment is a fictional entertainment company.
- survival show au.
- this is the EUNCHAE storyline. I plan on writing different storylines/versions for other idols.

***

A sigh tumbled past your lips as you stared at the blank wall in front of you. You've been doing this for the last thirty minutes. You've been curled up in bed for half an hour now, missing home. Deeply.

You left home when you were fifteen, which was four months ago, to audition here at Step Up Entertainment in order to chase your dreams of becoming an idol (of course, with your mother's permission). You're now sixteen. And right now, since you've only just recently begun your trainees days, you're being hit bigtime by homesickness.

You miss your mother. You miss her loud laughter, her contagious smile, and her comforting embrace. You want her to be there to cheer you up and tell you that you're doing well, like she used to. You miss your father and the way he always knew how to cheer you up after a bad day, or how he would always take you to get ice cream, or the way that he and you always jokingly went against what your mother said. You miss your younger brother and the way he used to annoy you, or the times when you played video games together or read together.

You just miss everything. You're so far away from them right now, all on your own in a big city, surrounded by people that you don't know too well yet.

So here you are, sitting alone in the dark bedroom, curled up on your top bunk and cuddling a rabbit plush close to your chest.

A few silent minutes passed. Then the first tear fell, falling helplessly onto the pillow cushioning your head. One after the other, tears cascaded down, only to disappear on the fabric and be forgotten, eventually replaced by others.

A quiet whimper left your lips as you squeezed your eyes shut.

You froze, however, when the door to the bedroom creaked open, followed by soft footsteps entering the room. And then you heard a voice.

"Y/N-ssi? Are you awake?"

It was Hong Eunchae. You haven't really talked to her much; ever since you've gotten here, you've generally just stuck by Hwang Eunyeong, an older trainee who you were already friends with prior to joining SUE. From what you've seen of her interactions with other trainees, Eunchae gives off a playful vibe, which is a sharp contrast to your timidity and reserved nature. One thing you do have in common, however, is your love for dance and performing. You've always wanted to talk to her, you've just never known how to.

When you didn't respond to her question, she stepped closer to the bunk bed and peeked over the side to look at you.

"Y/N-ssi?" She called out again, this time a bit clearer.