harvey › fbw (pt. one) (requested)

As you went from table to table, taking orders and handing out orders, taking bills, and chatting with the diners, you wore a friendly smile on your face.

It immediately fell, however, when you caught sight of your friend group entering the establishment. When you saw a specific person in particular. Harvey. It wasn't that you disliked her, no-in fact, you like her. You like her as in you want-to-take-her-out-on-a-date-like her. But you feel like you can't be with her, which sucks. She just feels...untouchable (and you've also seen her flirt with a couple of guys before). Another problem is that the two of you, despite sharing the same friend group, are not friends. Like, whatsoever. You've just never gone out of your way to form a friendship with her-you're too nervous.

You walked up to the table that they sat down at, and smiled brightly, doing your best to avoid making any eye contact with Harvey, despite the fact that it might come off as a little rude. "What's up, guys?"

Jurin laughed and spoke loudly, "Y/N! We missed you, babe! You've been so busy with work!" She complained. You and Jurin have always been the closest, so she always calls you babe and sweetheart.

You missed the frown that one of the girls gave you.

You smiled. "Yah. It's 'cause I need to make money somehow, Jurin-chan." You fired back playfully. She pouted in response, making you giggle, before you got back into character. "Anyway, what can I get you started with for drinks?"

You took everybody's order, and when it came to Harvey, everyone could probably easily tell that you were growing nervous. "Uhm, how about you, Harvey-san?" You heard the girls giggle quietly, but ignored it.

Harvey offered you a friendly smile as she looked up at you. "I'll just have water, Y/N-san. Thank you."

With that, you scurried off to prepare their drinks.

‧₊˚ ♥︎

You don't know how it happened, you really don't. But a few days later, you found yourself being pushed up against the wall of the break room by none other than Harvey. Your arms were encircled around her neck as she kissed you fervently.

You felt electricity rushing through your veins like never before. You could get drunk on this feeling.

One moment, you were awkwardly greeting Harvey, who came to the diner and asked to talk to you in private, next thing you know, her lips are on yours.

You felt her bite your bottom lip as she pulled away, and you felt as though you were in some kind of trance as you looked into her eyes. They were a deep brown; warm, yet somehow sultry.

As the air between the two of you grew to a boiling point, the only thing she could do was crack a small smirk as she leaned back in.

‧₊˚ ♥︎

Several weeks have passed, and here you are slumped in a booth in the diner. The atmosphere was silent; if you tried, you could hear a small silver pin hit the floor at any given moment. It was dark outside, and you were the only person in the diner after hours today. A couple of lights were the sole thing illuminating your face and the area as you sat soundlessly, pondering.

What has everything come to? The one thought that's constantly on your mind lately is Harvey. You're practically head over heels for her. But whenever you think of her, you can't help but think of what she suggested that night, which you stupidly agreed to.

"This was fun, we should do it again sometime. Like a friends with benefits type of thing."

Friends with benefits. That's all you and Harvey are. Friends who meet up with each other, only to make out and have a little fun together. That's all you and Harvey will ever be, up until you both eventually break things off.

Which is something you've recently been tempted to do. You honestly don't know how long you can keep up the act. You don't know how long you can keep pretending as if you don't have genuine romantic feelings for her. You don't know how long you can keep doing this to your heart. Your poor heart. You want to stop this. But you don't know how.

But maybe you'll figure it out.

‧₊˚ ♥︎

It's been a few days since your late night in the diner, and you've come up with a plan. Starting after that night, you've decided that you're going to try to forget about Harvey and move on, hopefully. The first step in your (possibly stupid) plan is to cut ties. And how are you going to do that? By distancing yourself and ignoring her until she gets the hint to-fingers crossed-hate you and leave you alone. What? You never said the plan was good.

As a result of this plan, you're three days into the whole avoid-and-ignore scheme, and it's not fun, whatsoever. You can tell that it's genuinely hurting Harvey's feelings, which automatically sends a sting of pain to your heart, and it's clear to see that the girls have picked up on it, and are beginning to dislike your actions.

That much was evident on this third day, when they showed up to the diner, with Harvey in tow.

"Y/N-chan~" Hinata called out as they all slid into two booths. You smiled halfheartedly, completely avoiding Harvey's, going as far as to not even acknowledge her presence.

Chisa noticed this and stood up abruptly. Without any forewarning, she grabbed you by the arm and dragged you away from the table and to a corner in the diner, her actions startling the people around you-yourself included.

She let go of you and stood before you, before taking on an exasperated timbre. "Okay, Y/N, what the hell is it that you're playing at?"

"What- What do you mean?" You were honestly terrified of her. She rarely gets angry, so the sight before you was enough to have you just barely noticeably trembling in your spot.

She huffed. "This whole thing you're doing with Harvey!" She tried to keep her voice as low as possible, but still heavy with emotion and clear enough for you to hear it in full. "The two of you were doing so well for the last couple of months, what the hell happened?"

"I..." You trailed off. What could you say? Would she even accept your answer if you told her the truth?

"Spit it out." You were once again taken aback by the sharpness in her voice.

"Dammit, I like Harvey, okay?!" You shouted.

You really hadn't meant for it to come out as loud as it did, and you didn't even realize it until you noticed how quiet it had gotten and looked around. Everyone was looking at you, confused. Chisa was staring at you, a bewildered look tattooed on her face, and the other girls had matching expressions. But what really made you realize the gravity of what you just did was when your eyes landed on Harvey, whose reaction was no different from everyone else's.

It was too much to handle.

You dropped your pen and notepad and ran out of the diner.

***

You guyssss, I keep forgetting the QOTDs... ):

QOTD: what were your favorite outfits from the Shooting Star era?
AOTD: My favorite outfits were the bright rainbow ones, they were so cute and pretty, and the girls pulled them off so well !!