kim chaewon › impurities

Several beads of sweat cascaded down your hot skin as you took a seat on the floor, leaning your back against the mirrored wall as you uncapped your water bottle. You took multiple gulps of water before placing the bottle down. Deep huffs of air left you as you closed your eyes.

You've been practicing the choreography for Impurities by LE SSERAFIM for about three hours now, trying to perfect the moves, since tomorrow is the big day.

You're a member of a popular dance crew, and you were chosen to be a part of the team doing a public cover of Impurities, which you're deeply excited about. It's one of your favorite songs from the group, and learning the dance has been tons of fun.

You just can't wait for all of your hard work to pay off tomorrow.

‧₊˚  ♥︎

It's not the next day, and you and your crewmates are laying in position in the middle of a busy place in Seoul. At least a hundred people are crowded around to watch the cover, causing you to feel a rush of adrenaline.

You're covering Chaewon's part. When the intro started, you immediately got into character and began the choreography and letting yourself get carried away into the song.

A few minutes later, after the song ended, you and the four women you danced with broke character and bowed towards the crowd of people, offering grateful smiles here and there.

With that, you turned and all of you headed towards the camera director, who grinned at all of you.

"Good job, girls." He said cheerfully.

He was about to speak again, but a group of five women approached you and your crewmates. They were all wearing face masks and black puffer jackets, but as soon as one of them stepped forward to speak, you instantly recognized the upper half of her face and her voice.

"Hello, we-"

Your hand flew up to cover your mouth, making all of them look at you. It seems that the five women already knew what caused your reaction, as they all just giggled and nodded.

They lowered their voices before speaking again. The one who was speaking first spoke up again. "Hello, girls. I'm Yunjin of LE SSERAFIM, and we really enjoyed the cover you guys did of our song." You could tell she was smiling even though she wore a facemask.

Chaewon stepped forward and faced you directly, taking your hands into her own with a smile on her face. "Wah, I really loved your dancing. You did an amazing job covering my parts! Your charisma and performing skills are no joke!" She praised.

You lowered your head, a bright pink hue painting your cheeks as a shy smile spread across your lips. You bowed. "Thank you so much, Chaewon-nim." You voiced your gratitude quietly and politely.

You were startled when she used her finger to lift your head. "Keep your head up. There's no need to be shy, I don't bite, I promise." She giggled. You felt your face heat up even more when you realized she was still holding your hands.

"S-Sorry, Chaewon-nim." You stuttered out.

"Aish. Just call me Chaewon, it's fine."

"Okay, Chaewon-unnie." You said, shyly looking into her eyes to see her reaction.

Her eyes widened for a split second, before she suddenly squealed. "Oh my god, you are so cute!" She abruptly let go of your hands and threw her arms around you, pulling you into a tight embrace and stroking your hair.

"I wanna take you home with us~" She whined. She turned to the other girls, who were conversing with your crewmates and the director. "Unnie!" She called out. Sakura turned to her, raising an eyebrow. Chaewon grinned. "Can we take her home with us?" She pointed to you, causing you to flush an even deeper shade of pink.

Sakura chuckled and shrugged her shoulders.

Chaewon quietly squealed with excitement, before turning back to you. "How would you like to come with us?"

Your eyes widened once more.

***

A/N: this imagine was just a fun little drabble

***

QOTD: If you could be best friends with ANY idol in the industry, who would it be?
AOTD: hmmmm ... either Huh Yunjin of LE SSERAFIM, Hanni of NewJeans, or Hoseok of BTS (bc regardless of his big asf age, mans is funny as fuck and he seems like he would give me all the hugs I wanted if I asked)