huh yunjin › seoul city (pt. four)

FOUR HOURS LATER.

"Okay, Y/N, deep breaths. Move your arms like this. Let the feeling flow through you. Follow me."

You tried to copy Jangmi's movements, but you just couldn't get it. Nothing was happening. You let out a frustrated sigh as you collapsed to the ground with a heavy pout.

"Okay, c'mon, Y/N, get up. We're gonna try something different!" Jangmi clapped her hands and called for Yoora. You didn't know what she was planning to do, but if it involved Yoora, it scared you a little bit.

"Stand up straight, soldier!" the young girl walked up to you and stood in front of you as she shouted sternly. "Today, we're going to be doing an airbending exercise!" She grabbed your wrist and dragged you to an ancient airbender training structure, where Yunjin was sitting in a tree nearby, flicking water at a lemur.

"Okay, Y/N, go through it."

"Uhm... Okay?"

You tried to go through the maze of doors, but you kept getting hit by them. After several failed attempts, you eventually gave up and collapsed next to Yoora's feet. But she didn't let you rest for even a second.

"Uh-uh. Up, up, up, you coward!"

"It's impossible!" You countered.

"You can do it, Y/N-unnie. Just be the leaf!"

You really wanted to believe in her words, but everything seemed to be so hard. "Ani. I can't. Just let me die here and rot."

"You're a lost cause, kid."

"Yah! I'm older than you!"

Yoora stuck her tongue out at you and then scoffed. She proceeded to kick you in the stomach and roughly grab you and pull you up by the collar. Out of the corner of your eye, you saw Yunjin straighten up as she looked at the two of you, most likely on alert when she saw you get kicked.

"Listen up." Yoora demanded sternly. "You are the avatar. You have a duty to protect and save the world. So you better get back on your feet, and be the goddamn leaf."

You gulped in fear and glanced at Yunjin, who was watching this go down with a blank look on her face.

You knew you were the avatar and that you should be more responsible, better at this job. Oftentimes, you wondered why you were chosen as the one. The one to be great, the one to do the saving. So far, you can't even make it past a couple of moving doors, how are you supposed to face actual enemies? You're starting to think you were just spewing nonsense when you claimed that you could fend for yourself. You can't help but think Why me? I'm a shitty avatar.

"You are not a shitty Avatar, Unnie. You just need to be... motivated." Yoora interjected, rubbing her chin in thought.

You lifted your head up to look at the girl, slightly embarrassed that you had said that out loud. You then cleared your throat and raised an eyebrow at her, not understanding what she had in mind in terms of motivation, but knowing her, it probably isn't good.

"What, uh, what do you mean?"

Yoora looked over her shoulder and beckoned Yunjin over. "Yunjin-unnie! Come here, please." Yoora pulled out a knife. Your eyes doubled in size.

Yunjin jumped down from the thick branch that she was perched on, and stood a pretty good distance away from Yoora.

"Okay, Y/N, this is how it's gonna work. I'm," She pointed at herself, "going to throw this knife at Yunjin-unnie. She's not gonna try and stop it. That'll be your job. So, unless you want her to die."

"What the hell?!" You shouted, abruptly standing up. "You're crazy!"

"Maybe." Was all she said, before she suddenly threw the knife.

Everything seemed to move in slow motion for you, as you lunged forward and stood in front of Yunjin. The only thought in your mind was to save her.

In one swift movement, the knife was sent flying back past Yoora.

When the moment was over, after a few beats of silence, you sank to your knees, the overwhelming stress of the situation hitting you full force. Luckily, Yunjin was quickly by your side and holding you. "Jesus, Sora, you crazy genius! You owe me big time for this, though, you little demon." You released a breathy chuckle as Yunjin helped you stand to your feet.

Yoora chuckled and patted your back reassuringly. She gave you a light nudge towards Yunjin and smiled warmly at the both of you.

"Go on. Don't you have that pro bending match to attend tonight? It's almost six, and you still gotta get ready."

"How did you-"

"A master never reveals her secrets." She winked and ran off, leaving you and Yunjin alone under the shade of the tree.

"So, uhm... I-"

Yunjin grinned, bent over in front of you, and then abruptly hoisted you up and threw you over her shoulder. Then she walked down the stone steps leading back to the air temple.

"Yah! I can walk!" You whined, a blush blooming across your cheeks.

"Yes, yes, I know."

"So put me down, Yunjin!"

"Nope. My way's quicker." She smirked and patted the back of your thigh lightly. "Now, let's get ready for this pro bending match of yours."

***

QOTD: In the Purinz line, who would you rather kiss?
AOTD: Yunjin ✌🏼 I love you, Chaewon, but... Huh Yunjin