017: Hints From The Past

Eugene attended the usual class with Timber.

However, he finds it difficult to concentrate while remembering his encounter with Kaizer. After all, Kaizer plays a huge part in his life and his death is partly connected with Kaizer even without him knowing who killed him.

But no matter how suspicious he is...

He knew that Kaizer won't dirty his hand for such a bastard like him. How can he say that? Because Kaizer, no matter how many times had a chance to kill him, somehow created a scenario and is looking for loopholes, as if wanting to know something, wanting to be given a sign and answer that Kaizer could only get to him without even asking.

Kaizer, who had chances didn't kill him...but kept pretending.

As for who ended his life? He wanted to know too.

Who is the person, who started his path of suffering...

The you who refuses his own fate, shall not find peace and continue to crave.

What?! Who?!

The lost soul would wander, finding no rest. He who defied god's will shall walk in the endless path of facing judgment.

It's you!!!

Eugene's lowered his head as his eyes turn red upon hearing the narration inside his head.

As someone who's been imprisoned in the judgment hall and tortured by those higher beings. He knew that he was being reminded that if he go further and try to change other people's fate, then the backlash would be experienced by him and he who interfered with the heavens will...will continue to suffer and never find salvation.

Those gods probably detected that he was trying to change Timber's fate.

Those damn gods!

So, the reason why Kaizer appeared is that the heavens wanted to fix the fate of Artha and make his beloved children become the center of the world. 

If so, then why bring him back?!

"Eugene?"

The you who refuses his own fate, shall not find peace and continue to crave.

Eugene suddenly got dizzy and as if his soul was leaving his body, he took a glimpse of a moment of his suffering when he was being punished in the hall of judgment before his soul was forcefully transferred to another dimension after completing the process of the verdict.

He was kneeling while feeling the pain of betrayal, sadness, and loneliness, he look at the magnificent hall carved and designed with gold figures and lining that is witnessing all of his pain and grief. He doesn't want to die because of someone's existence, he wanted to die while feeling the happiness he couldn't get but that's impossible for someone like him whose fate is already decided and that is...

DEATH.

"I will live" he muttered under his breath.

"I will battle against heaven until my one last breath."

He looks at the magnificent ceiling of the hall, his tears are falling ceaselessly. Because of love, he was desperate, he didn't realize that attaining happiness that wasn't fated to be his is difficult, and no matter what no one would reach a hand just to help him stood.