086: Distribution Of Territory

The Karsten family made their entrance into the palace.

Eugene glanced around and spotted Casimin waving at him. His brother Euric simply nodded and smiled. Kaizer placed his arm around Eugene's waist and glanced at the two brothers. Currently, Kaizer, Casimin, and Euric were to accept the emperor's distribution of territories, signifying that the three would become the heads of their families, and a cede ceremony was soon to follow.

One reason the Marquis and the Duke hadn't been exiled yet was that they needed to transfer their titles to their sons. In short, they had to attend the cede ceremony and then be banished from the Empire to fend for themselves.

The nobles invited to witness the ceremony observed the four pillar families.

The Catharis family only sent a subordinate to accept the emperor's decree, not appearing themselves, which piqued the curiosity of the other nobles.

Chancellor Seronico stepped forward and greeted the grand duke.

It was a great opportunity for congratulations, especially since the runaway male wife had been recaptured. Chancellor Seronico, a male fox, dared not conspire against the Karsten family due to the influence of the Catharis family, who favored their adoptive son, Grand Duke Katnier. It was no surprise that Kaizer and Khalil were also highly regarded by the Catharis brothers.

Truly, what luck.

Many people had once thought that the Dela Vallier family would fall into ruin after the previous grand duke's death. However, the seemingly meek and gloomy young master, whom they had underestimated, swiftly rose to take the head seat, adopting the surname Karsten. Even so, the former duke's forces remained strong, making it impossible for Katnier to entirely shed the Dela Vallier surname.

He could only accept that he could never fully escape his roots.

Therefore, he utilized the forces of the Dela Vallier to his advantage and established his own faction under the Karsten name. Katnier's actions not only deterred the nobles who intended to scheme against him but also surprised many when the Catharis family declared him their adoptive son and condemned the previous grand duke.

The emperor bestowed his blessings upon Katnier as the new grand duke.

The Catharis family was satisfied, but Katnier still sought more recognition. He didn't want others to think that he became a grand duke merely because of the backing of the Catharis family. Consequently, he actively joined and led his soldiers in wars, earning countless merits that made the other nobles step back and acknowledge his abilities.

Katnier proved to be even more ruthless than his own father.

It wasn't until Khalil and Kaizer were born that the grand duke began to mellow down.

"Your grace, why didn't you bring your youngest son?"

Katnier pursed his lips. "He's been staying in the Catharis dukedom for a few days."

Chancellor Seronico chuckled. "Seems like the patriarch loves the youngest dearly. Well, it's no wonder because there is no longer a young master in the Catharis family. It's hard for the patriarch since his sons still haven't impregnated their spouses. Even the emperor likes young master Khalil and wants him to become the crown prince's playmate."

Grand Duke Karsten snorted, his chest held high with pride.

"It's different from my sulky eldest, who is grumpy every day and can't respect his father."

Chancellor Seronico glanced at Kaizer's expressionless face and laughed.

Kaizer merely glanced at his father coldly and grunted.