001: Life & Death

Eugene's eyes fluttered open, greeted by the familiar sight of an opulent lapis lazuli interior tapestry gracing the ceiling of the room. The grandeur was accentuated by a massive chandelier, casting a soft glow over the lavish surroundings. For a moment, his gaze remained vacant, a silent pause before an overwhelming surge of tears demanded release, cascading down relentlessly.

He felt incredibly suffocated by the sudden realization. He came back to the past as the second young master of the Shradinza Household. The solitude feeling made him depressed because coming back here, means remending his past mistakes.

He was so tired.

When he thought he could finally rest, he unconsciously came back at the beginning. Now he finally realizes the feeling of betrayal, and it's terrible. But he had no right to complain because that was also what he did to his younger brother.

Maybe the atonement he did on earth is not enough.

If so―how many lifetimes are needed for him to be accepted by the heavens? How many cycles should be done, so he could finally sleep forever?

He wanted to know. He was so scared because he was alone.

He sacrifices everything while living on earth. Eugene himself finally realized that he was bound to suffer and never find salvation. The darkness that was pulling him is too strong, but he can't just end his life simply, because, without heaven's permission, he wasn't allowed to stop breathing. That alone is an eternal burden to him.

He wanted to know―why was that fate so cruel to him?

But there's no answer; after all, he didn't deserve reclamation.

Death.

It would be better if he could experience it.

Sighing, Eugene climbs down from the bed.

The familiar floor with a design of an elegant sodalite lapis lazuli marble medallion made him feel a lingering sense of sadness and longing.

Everything inside the room is white and blue, and this room is his saving grace. For the last moment of his life in this world, this room is the only place that made him feel so secure.

But this is also the room that witnesses his obscure death.

It was really painful, being stabbed by a sword.

Standing in front of the mirror, he gasps when he finds himself in the body of the ten years old him. He couldn't believe it because around this time. He hasn't done anything serious yet, just cursing his little brother and pulling a prank.

"Just what the hell is happening?"

If it was around this time, then he was still safe.

What plan did heaven have this time?

Isn't he meant to experience the same death?

How come he came back to this timeline where everything; could still be changed?

Did heaven give him a chance to change his future?

He trembled as tears started to fall again.

He couldn't believe it; the more he looked at his reflection in the mirror, the more scared he felt.

His trembling hand touches the mirror while the other touches his face.

It was real. He was really in his ten-year-old body.

Eugene's mind became blank once again while thinking about many possibilities. Still, he refuses to believe. How could the heaven whom he angered let him off? He felt like cold water was poured onto his body as his facial expression turned cold. There's no way heaven would let go of his corrupted soul. It seems like it's a new way for him to struggle, making fun of him and getting his high hopes.