102: Mischievousness

Upon awakening the following day, Eugene discovered Kaizer's absence, prompting him to rise from the bed. With purpose, he headed directly to the bathroom for a refreshing bath. 

Subsequently, he summoned a servant to deliver his morning repast.

"Y-Young master, here's your breakfast."

Observing the steaming bowl of soup before him, Eugene furrows his brow, casting a discerning look at the servant who delivered the meal. "Are you new here?" he inquires.

The servant, visibly shaken, vigorously shakes her head in trepidation, her entire frame quivering with fear.

"I distinctly recall instructing my attendant to communicate my culinary preferences upon our arrival, with the explicit aim of enhancing the enjoyment of my dining experience. Why, then, am I presented with a dish served hot? Was it not unequivocally expressed that my palate does not favor warm or hot food?"

The servant's face pales as she gracefully sinks to the ground, her posture genuflecting in deference. "Forgive my ignorance, young master! I am but an obedient servant, entrusted solely with cleaning duties, and was merely requested to extend the courtesy of delivering sustenance in their absence!"

Eugene frown.

"Did I tell you to kneel? Get up and state your name."

Trembling, the maid rose to her feet, tears streaming down her face. "I...This servant's name is Tasha."

"Hmm. A cleaning duty you say?"

Tasha nodded her head.

Eugene chose not to delve further into the matter and simply instructed, "Take this meal and return. Fetch me another one, ensuring it's served cold."

The maid swiftly emerged, tray in hand, and returned promptly with the meal, meticulously following the young master's instructions. Despite receiving a stern rebuke from the flustered chef, a collective sigh of relief swept through them as they realized that his excellency was absent during the meal mishap.

Of course, Kaizer has eyes and ears everywhere in the palace.

Upon learning of Eugene's discontent in the early hours, Kaizer exited the office with the intention of visiting his beloved and orchestrating repercussions for the kitchen servants. However, cognizant of Kaizer's character, Eugene intervened to forestall such an occurrence, reluctant to see others penalized merely to appease his own whims.

"What do you plan today?"

Eugene hummed and glanced outside from the window.

Seeing that today was good weather, he decided to hang out in the garden after breakfast.

Seated on the lush green grass, Kaizer observes Eugene's furrowed brow as he endeavors to craft a delicate flower wreath. Kaizer's exclusive responsibility lies in meticulously extracting any impediments from the stems, ensuring Eugene's hands remain unscathed by the prickly thorns.

"You can't do it like that," Kaizer remarked dismissively.

Undeterred, Kaizer gently took Eugene's hand, offering guidance with a touch that conveyed both reassurance and expertise.

Eugene, visibly surprised, met Kaizer's gaze. "You know how to make it?"

Kaizer chuckled, a hint of amusement in his eyes. "I've done this countless times," he replied confidently, certain that if Eugene could recall the memories hidden within, he'd understand precisely why he was adept at crafting flower wreaths.

"Countless times..." Eugene clicked his tongue, realizing that he had likely shared such moments with Kaizer across myriad worlds. However, the memories remained elusive, overshadowed by the persistent recollections of his own demise and the somber moments that clung to his consciousness.