024: Be Closer

Eugene looks at his surrounding confusedly and slowly get up from the bed.

The chamber looks so huge and elegant, a type that the royal family had in the palace. When his foot was put down, he expected a cold floor but was greeted by a fluffy soft feeling which made him look daw and saw a cream-colored furry carpet.

His visible white ankle was caressed by the fur of the colored carpet and it looks dazzling.

Anyone who had a foot fetish would have this desire to hold such feet that could easily arouse anyone's desire and hide it under the blanket that only they could admire privately.

"Where am I?"

Eugene started to feel restless, walk towards the door, and open it to take a peek outside.

His sight was greeted by a luxurious hallway full of gold statues and linings. At such a glance people would misunderstand that they were in the palace but Eugene who had gone to the palace in the past knew that this wasn't such a place full of lavishness.

Stepping out of the room, Eugene ignores the cold temperature on his feet as it touches the cold floor and walks through the wide hallways that lead him to nowhere.

It was when he saw an open corner and hurriedly run in that direction that he regret his decision.

"Ah!"

He bumped into someone and before he even fell on the floor, a hand reach out and grab his arms, guiding him to stand steadily.

"Eugene you're awake!"

Eugene widens his eyes and looks at the tall figure beside Kaizer.

Grand Duke Karsten, the well-known monster Duke that led multiples victory in war and is respected by commoners and some nobles for being the wall of the empire that couldn't be shaken. That is the reason why no matter what evil act the Grand Duke does, everyone especially the commoners would choose to turn a blind eye because he's the empire's shield and sword, if he's gone, the empire is doomed to be in chaos.

"10th day and you're awake, as expected."

Grand Duke Karsten looks down and frowns before stretching his hands towards him.

"Ah?"

Eugene dumbfoundedly looks at the duke who suddenly carries him.

"The floor is cold, why did you get out of your room? You could just ring a bell and a servant would come in and serve you."

Eugene suddenly feel dizzy and couldn't believe what was happening.

That Grand Duke who is cold to everyone other than his son is now carrying him like a child on his arm? Is he still dreaming?

"Father, should we call a doctor?"

Grand Duke Karsten frown.

"No need, Duke Del Viltaria would arrive soon."

Eugene sat frozen in the grand duke's arms but his eyes would sometimes land on Kaizer who is clutching his father's clothes while smiling at him.

He still couldn't get over some things.

From the incident at the academy to the situation now. Everything happens so fast that he is always caught off guard. It's the same as meeting the grand duke who once ordered him to be punished and even declare in the past that he should be executed.

No one would be comfortable meeting one of the scariest people in his past life.

The power of the De la Vallier is vast and the grand duke's new Karsten clan is even more powerful. The power is too invincible that no one can uproot the grand duke from the high position. What's more? In his past life, the Karsten is a protected family of the mysterious force behind empire prosperity, the Catharis of Evangeline.