068: Birth of New Saint

Eugene steps out of the bathroom while wiping his hair.

Raphael who is fixing the bed greeted his young master without sticking his nose despite being curious about what happened.

"Raphael, bring breakfast to my room."

"Yes, please wait a moment."

Eugene sat on the couch and lick his lips. When Eullian stick to him earlier, he can feel it, a strong divine aura. It made him want to suck that energy if not for the prophecy of his little brother being a saint. Probably because he lives by magic that he is so hungry when it comes to it.

A saint huh? It's probably time when Eullian will be sent to the church.

"Young master!"

Raphael goes back to his young master's room in a hurry, "Young master you are being called into the office. Some people from the palace wanted to meet you!"

Eugene frown, "Early in the morning?"

He still hadn't had his breakfast, what are those people thinking?

Feeling dissatisfied, Eugene step outside his room after fixing his clothes and went straight to his father's office. Hew then saw people in a palace uniform sitting leisurely while his father is holding a letter that was almost crumbled for being angry.

"Coming here early in the morning, do people in the palace have no sense of time?"

The imperial messenger immediately stood up and bow to him with a flattering smile, "I apologize young master Eugene but this is an important matter that needed to be informed to the Marquis and you, the subject of our discussion."

Eugene sat down across the imperial messenger with cross legs.

"And what do you mean by that?"

The imperial messenger glanced at the Marquis who had an ugly face.

"It's a marriage offer, young master."

Eugene raise his eyebrow, he wasn't surprised because Kaizer has been telling him that he will request his marriage as a reward from the emperor. He just didn't expect it would be this fast.

Marquis Shradinza slams his hand on the table with red eyes.

"How could my son marry a man!"

The Imperial messenger smile: "Marquis Shradinza, this is not a request but an order from the emperor. It is also to protect a dualist like young master Eugene from being attacked by the enemies as we all know how precious and important a dualist is in our empire. So whether the Marquis liked it or not, the emperor will issue a decree to send young master Eugene to the ducal household, to put him under protection."

Eugene crosses his arms.

"I'll go to the grand dukedom but marriage is not a prattle so please do inform the emperor that I need more time to ponder this matter."

The Imperial messenger sighed, "If that's the case, then I'll rely on your request." then hand out another letter and gave it to Eugene, saying, "You would need to leave the Shradinza Household tomorrow. The emperor is not assured to let you stay here upon investigating your background."

Marquis Shradinza: "What do you mean?!"

"I mean what I say, my lord. Rumors fly around." the imperial messenger chuckled, "Right, my lord, here is another letter from the court. Please do attend with the marchioness."

Eugene was caught off guard.

"Letter from the court, do you mean my father will be prosecuted?"

Imperial Messenger: "Dualists are the empire's treasure and will live under the empire's protection. When you are being investigated we gather enough evidence to litigate."