022: Fragments of Past [1]

Because of the tremendous magic that almost consumed the whole academy, the entire class got suspended and what happen that day became a secret that only a few people knew.

Eugene and Kaizer fell into a coma while Raisel, Casimin, Clarence, and others woke up after three days of mental healing.

Timber who found out that Eugene collapse again kept crying and fighting with Euric who wanted to bring back Eugene to the Shradinza Household. However, the plan got canceled when grand duke Karsten interfered and made Eugene and Kaizer's bodies lay next to each other believing that their consciousness at the moment is being connected.

Thus, Eugene ended up being bought into the dukedom for further investigation.

This made Euric nervous especially since the grand duke seems to be mad and had no choice but to call his father and asked for help.

Marquis Shradinza got angry.

Eugene always brings him a mess and now it's the grand duke who took an action after the incident, even he... can't do anything to bring back Eugene to the Shradinza Household.

"Katnier..."

Duke Viltaria swallowed, looking at his friend.

"Arkiton if it's about Aison's son then I won't agree."

"But Katnier, Kaizer's manic is not for a simple reason! Just like I told you in the past few days while examining him, he has two souls in his body!"

"And that soul is also my son!"

"That soul is dangerous that shouldn't be awakened! If this continues your son would be overtaken!"

"It's still my son!"

Knowing that Grand Duke Karsten is refusing reality as Kaizer is the only son whom his beloved conceive, even Duke Viltaria understands it because he could also turn a blind eye, as long as it's for his son with that person whom he cared the most.

This is also why he got here to talk to Katnier.

"Do you think your son like Eugene?"

Grand Duke Karsten lowered his head and said, "He's sleeping and he keeps muttering Eugene's name. If I hadn't realized that Marquis Shradinza's second son is named Eugene then I would have earlier offered an engagement!"

Duke Viltaria shivered.

Why? Why?

"Y-You won't consider if Aison's son wanted a marriage to a man?"

Grand Duke Karsten chuckled, "Are you saying it now when you are here still forcing that person to have an affair with you despite having a family and even going to the point of manipulating their memories so they won't find out your dirty little secret?"

"Katnier!"

"What? Am I right? You're being a hypocrite when the fact is before us that your other son was also conceived through such evil means!"

Grand Duke Karsten smirk, "Give it up Arkiton. As much as you love that person, I also love my son dearly that I'm willing to give everything."

Duke Viltaria slump on the chair.

Yes, he's strong but between him and the grand duke, he's nothing but an ant trying to step on the existence that keeps feeding him.

Just why? Why does it have to be him?

"As a friend...I wanted to ask you a request as a friend."

Grand Duke Karsten didn't change his expression and replied, "Go on."