074: Crime of Deceit

Eugene abstains from engaging in arguments with Kaizer.

The following day, he arrives at the court accompanied by Kaizer, Khalil, and the grand duke. There, he catches sight of his father and mother with red eyes. His brother Euric remains motionless, displaying an icy demeanor, while his younger sister Eunice seems oblivious to the weight of the situation, humming softly. On the opposing side of his family, the Del Viltaria family is present.

Seated alongside the duchess is her daughter, Britanny.

Cadmus and Casimin appear composed, yet a storm brews within Casimin's eyes upon Eugene's entrance.

Finally, he sees him alive at last.

Eugene remains unaware of the emotional turmoil plaguing Casimin.

The emperor sits among the judges, while in the center of the hall, Eugene's parents engage in conversation with the lawyers.

Taking a seat at the front, under the watchful gaze of others, Eugene glances at the emperor, raising an eyebrow.

"Your Majesty the Emperor, I extend my greetings. May divine light shower blessings upon you, guiding the empire for thousands of years."

The emperor waves his hand and smiles.

"I am glad you have appeared."

Eugene maintains a stoic expression as he sits beside Kaizer, who tightly clutches his hand.Soon, the trial commences.

Eugene silently observes the unfolding scene.

He senses Kaizer's anger and witnesses the grand duke's disappointment. His father eloquently presents his case with reason and knowledge, while the marchioness, when questioned by the judges, grows pale and stammers.

Duke Del Viltaria, present during the trial, supports his lover.

Gradually, the truth unravels, prompting even the emperor to furrow his brow upon understanding the situation.

"The victim is a prominent figure of the empire; let us not spread falsehoods and confuse the people."

Marchioness Celisha grits her teeth. "I have never abused my own son!"

"Evidence has been provided. We possess proof of your guilt."

Marquis Shradinza purses his lips, observing as the lawyer condemns his wife."Lord Shradinza, you too are guilty of such a crime."

Marquis Shradinza turns his head and glances at his son. Euric's face reflects disgust as he refuses to acknowledge such a father. This realization fills Marquis Shradinza with a sense of finality, as he has lost all his children due to his self-centeredness and constant prioritization of the family's interests.

His eyes turn red, not with anger, but with shame.

Duke Del Viltaria, aware that his lover will face immediate conviction, pleads with the emperor."Your Majesty, Marquis Shradinza committed this crime under the influence of manipulation. Please take this into consideration when making your decision. I am ready to accept guilt as long as my lover can be pardoned."

Everyone widens their eyes upon hearing the Duke's plea.

"Lover?!"

"Oh my god!"

The room erupts into murmurs.

Even Marquis Shradinza fails to comprehend why Duke Del Viltaria made such a statement."Duke Del Viltaria, do you know what you are saying?!"

The emperor expresses his anger.

"Your majesty, I have long concealed the fact that I have been engaged in adultery. Eugene is my and Aison's son. This revelation is a consequence of the side effects of prolonged memory manipulation, for which I take full responsibility—"