009: Unpleasantness

"Young master, you can't"

"Raphael, please? Just this once, please keep it a secret from mother. I really want to meet Eugene and see if he's okay. I don't want him to get mad at me."

Raphael lowered his gaze, "No."

A firm and cold reply...Eullian frown.

"I'm just making one request this time, can you really do it?"

"I can't."

Raphael kept his stern attitude, as a pair of clear emerald eyes stared at his young master without wavering: "Academy will start soon, I'm sure you'll be able to meet him. If you insist on meeting your brother and the marquess finds out, only young master Eugene would suffer. So please keep your selfish wish a second thought."

Eullian's jaw dropped.

"You're saying I'm selfish?!"

"Yes."

"My brother locks me up in a room..in an attic, pranks me, and always hurts me, and you will say that I'm the selfish one?" Eullian looks at Raphael with red eyes, "I'm not selfish and my mother won't do something like making my brother suffer!"

Gasping for breath upon raising his voice, Eullian angrily shouted, "I really hate you!" and ran towards Leirose Garden, which caught Raphael off guard.

"You can't young master!"

Following Eullian, Raphael gritted his teeth.

Eugene is studying in his room.

He is still bothered by what happened when he failed teleportation and can't get out of the face of Kaizer and his childhood friend in his head.

Both images are merging making it look like both people is the same.

It made him remember the past and suffered from nightmares.

If only there would be a time when he could sleep peacefully then he'll treasure that moment and keep his eyes closed and his consciousness away as much as he can to relieve his tiredness that couldn't be washed away.

"So boring."

Leaning on the chair, Eugene turn his head to look outside from the huge window.

Lierose garden is well maintained, the trees, plants, and flowers are beautiful and the way they swayed upon being touched by the air looks so refreshing.

"A nice weather to take a walk."

Should he?

Sighing, he stood up and walk away, "Whatever, as long as I don't feel so suffocated."

Opening the door of his room he glance to the side and saw Vincent standing like a statue and only moved when he saw him coming out.

"Young master, are you going out for a walk?"

Staring at Vincent, he let out a hump and turn his back...walking away.

There's no need to be a good person in this life knowing that if he died again, he would just travel to another world or come back here to experience another life. Now, he really doesn't understand why some longed for longevity when it's the most agonizing scenario to go through.

Immortality.

Most magicians spend their lives researching how they could live without dying to the point they would go against heaven's will making the church hate magicians for refusing their fate and counterbalancing their supposed destiny.