101: Unraveling

The night air is frigid, accompanied by ominous rumblings of thunder. In the grand duke's dimly lit office, the occasional flash of lightning casts an eerie glow, revealing Kaizer's stern countenance reflecting in the expansive window. His eyes, dark and profound, evoke a sense of dread, causing Lancelotte to lower his head in contemplation. He can't help but reflect on how Kaizer, the son, surpasses his father in terms of heartlessness and cruelty.

"Did you finish my order?"

Lancelotte swallowed hard and replied, "Yes, Your Excellency."

"I have personally visited the Rozan Household to meet the young master and finalize the deal. He assured me that, as long as you keep your promise, he won't take any retaliatory actions against young master Eugene for the alleged kidnapping of his younger brother and the subsequent marriage to the eldest Shradinza."

Kaizer continued to gaze at the night sky.

"It's too bothersome when the cat you tame can have another master."

Lancelotted straightened his back, "Young master Eugene might act recklessly but he is strong. Your excellency should rest assured that he won't be put in any danger he had no chance of winning."

Kaizer chuckled.

"That's not what I mean Lancelotte."

Turning around a little and leaning on the window, Kaizer with crossed arms pursed his lips and said dangerously, "I have never once liked it, whenever he turn his head away."

"Because that is the eyes I've given to him, I give it to him to only look at me."

Lancelotte shivered, thinking that Kaizer might be even more eccentric than Katnier. Though he didn't fully comprehend the metaphor Kaizer used, he was certain it couldn't be taken literally. He just knew the statement implied that everything young master Eugene possessed was owed to and owned by Kaizer.

But how? How can Kaizer say that?

"You will probably not understand."

After all, no one knew Kaizer's ability and Even Eugene couldn't fully assess it.

If there is someone who knew it, it's probably the person who made him exist.

At the same time at the annex palace of the Dela Vallier Dukedome.

"Husband?"

Katnier shifted his gaze to find Keerto approaching, his bare feet silently padding across the ground. A subtle frown creased Katnier's brow as he moved purposefully toward his wife, gently lifting and enveloping him in a warm embrace.

"Why did you leave the bed?"

Seeking solace, Keerto buried her face in Katnier's chest, whimpering, "I-I had a nightmare. I'm scared," her grip on Katnier's clothes betraying the lingering tremors of fear.

Katnier chuckled at the maneuver, making his way to the bed and settling at its edge. He tenderly traced his fingers along Keerto's face, a gesture filled with a gentle reassurance.

"I'm here, I'll accompany you to sleep."

"Hmmm."

Katnier gently persuaded his beloved and absentmindedly glanced out of the mirror. Observing the unrelenting cascade of thunder, his gaze intensified. The world appeared unsettled, as if it were issuing a forewarning. Those unaware might enjoy a tranquil slumber, but for them, this night marked the inception of turmoil, and he was certain that even Catharis was not at ease.

And it was right...

"The heavens are giving a warning, this time the saint would have a big role in the country."