070: He's That Cruel To Me

"No, I don't like those vases, replace it."

Kaizer paused and peered inside Eugene's room. He had just returned from the office and despite his low mood he wanted to stay by his wife's side. But what welcomes him is the chaotic scene of servants walking back and forth.

"Did you not like the room I prepare for you?"

The servants froze and immediately bows their heads upon seeing the master and took a peek at the marriage partner of their Highness. Somehow, they feel like since the arrival of their's master fiance, the mansion has never been peaceful like before.

"Yes. I don't like it. You don't have an eye at all."

Eugene clicks his tongue and patted the space beside him, "Don't stand there and sit. Aren't you here to spend time with me?"

Kaizer's heart softens and his anger immediately subsides.

"Well. I miss you."

Eugene chuckles, "Already? I thought you don't want to meet me because you were angry."

"I can't be angry for long when it comes to you."

Eugene raises his eyebrow and lets Kaizer's hand wrap around his waist. This scene made the servants surprise and immediately resume their work. They only have one word in their mind and that is, the fiance who arrived at the grand dukedom is favored and cannot be offended.

They could only swallow as their instinct for survival worked.

Kaizer saw that Eugeneis is trying to bend to pick some macarons so he pushed his wife back and grabbed it, feeding the other party to his heart's content.

"You like macarons?"

Eugene lowered his head and bit the macarons that Kaizer has been holding.

"They're sweet. I like it."

Kaizer noted his wife's preference so that he can let the kitchen know what to prepare.

"Right. Father and my little brother will arrive at the dukedom but don't worry I make them live at the annex so you won't see them dangling around."

Eugene frown, "You have a little brother?"

Kaizer put down the plate and wipe his wife's mouth: "Yes. I'll explain it to you so can you let me stay with you for the night? I don't want to hide things, after all, we'll become a life partner. I want you to know something about me as much as I want to know everything about you."

Eugene stare at Kaizer's sinscere face.

"Just one night."

Kaizer grinned, "I'm happy with that."

Eugene turns his head and avoids Kaizer's gaze. His heart couldn't help but throb and suddenly realize that Kaizer is acting differently from the past. Not that aggressive anymore ad every move is likely to please him.

"Do you like me that much?"

"I love you."

Eugene frown, "Love? Kaizer do you have an idea what is love?"

Kaizer paused, "Why are you asking?"

"I want to know."

Kaizer sigh: "Well, love is wanting to protect someone. Giving that person everything without any condition. Love is when you want someone to be with you until your time ends. It is when you are set to spend your lifetime with that person without invalidating their presence. Treasure them, pamper them, don't let any harm befall them. Everything that means to keep that person safe and stay by my side, even if the most devious scheme is done, I will continue to reflect so that my excessive desire can be suited to the word love."