003: Not Wrong

Five days.

It's been five days since he was grounded in the manor's west wing with only Vincent by his side. There was no communication outside, and Eugene didn't even dare to step out of the room to take a breath in the garden.

He spends his time reading history books.

Planning how to help the empire without revealing his identity.

He already highlighted some past events that he remembered and started to lay out a counterpart plan. And in order to prevent such information from leaking out, he wrote it in a different language.

First is the war.

The second is tracing the traitors.

The third is rebellion and...

Fourth is another war.

Everything is written well and even what would happen to the royal family is stated in his notes. He feels like writing a whole book because of how thick his papers are.

Knock...Knock.

Eugene's hand paused.

He told Vincent not to disturb him because he don't want to be interrupted.

However, knowing Vincent, it's probably something important so he closes the book in front of him and hid it with the papers before allowing Vincent to come in.

"Young master."

"Is there something?"

Vincent hesitate.

The eldest young master came back from the academy upon hearing what happen to the second master and a maidservant came to inform him that the eldest young master planned to meet the second master after receiving the marquis's permission.

That's it, to make the second master prepared.

"Your brother, the eldest young master is planning to visit you."

Eugene was startled.

He never got along with his eldest brother since he was a child because he hated how biased Euric was when it comes to Eullian.

Now, he had no idea what to feel.

Because Eugene despite always being scolded still admired his eldest brother. And his elder brother, despite being cold to him still protected him from the harm of others. That is also one of his biggest regret on why he didn't try to understand his eldest brother's sacrifice to mend his and Eullian's relationship, after all, both of them are the only people remaining in the family.

His father died in a war and his mother committed suicide because of depression.

Since then, his eldest brother handle the Household and barely pay attention to them. But once a fight broke out he would always see his brother on Eullians side which anger him.

He had no one.

Eugene always believes that he's alone because everyone likes Eullian.

And Eullian? He failed him.

Even after everything, Eullian still comes to him and calls him a brother.

When he was sentenced and imprisoned in the dungeon, it was Eullian who pleaded for him to make his eldest brother help him. He manages to get out not because of his skills but because his eldest brother lay out a way for him to escape without implicating the Shradinza household.

And after escaping, his eldest brother even goes far as to hide him in the mansion.

Because that would be the safest place for him after being found out to be the leader of a rebellious group. Again, his eldest brother kidnaps him and locked him in his room so that he could escape execution, knowing that no one would think he's staying in the Shradinza household after being kicked out of the family.