089: The Secret Power

With Eugene constantly infusing mana into Timber's body, Timber had no difficulty regaining his vitality.

An hour of practice, with the assistance of Euric, allowed Timber to walk steadily.

He felt immense gratitude for having a friend like Eugene who helped him amidst his brother's madness.

Thankfully, he realized it early on.

Although concerned about his mother, whom he had left behind, Timber was convinced that his father wouldn't mistreat her and firmly believed that love still existed between his parents, despite his mother's words.

Eugene had already done so much for him, and he didn't want to burden his friends any further.

He was determined to handle things on his own.

If possible, he wanted to be the one to rescue his mother.

Euric sighed, advising, "Though you're doing well, you still need rest and shouldn't exert yourself too much. Focus on your recovery and try not to worry too much." He added, "Later, I'd like to talk to you about something important."

"Well..." Timber nodded, "Alright."

In the lounge, Eugene and Kaizer waited, and Eunice, who had just met Kaizer, couldn't help but marvel at how handsome her brother-in-law was. So instead of clinging to Eugene, she stayed close to Kaizer, who was unsure how to handle a young lady's attention. He remained stiff and endured Eugene's sharp gaze.

Eugene, of course, was dissatisfied.

His beautiful sister was acting this way towards his good-for-nothing lover.

What to do if she caught Kaizer's stupidity? It's an incurable disease that is so worrisome. What if his little sister who is a face control falls for someone similar to Kaizer? Just thinking about dealing with another Kaizer made him irritate.

"Brother why you didn't introduce brother-in-law earlier?!"

Eugene leaned on the couch with crossed arms and responded bluntly, "Not important."

Observing her brother's expressionless face, Eunice turned to Kaizer and said, "Dealing with my brother might be tough, but don't worry. If he spends time with you, it probably means he likes you too, because he's the type who kicks people he doesn't like."

Kaizer who was beaten many times: "..."

Why when it comes to him, does the physical touch love language seem different?

As Kaizer looked at Eugene, Eugene averted his gaze.

Kaizer: "..."

He knew it, Eugene didn't let go of his plan on killing him and since they made a deal instead of attacking him aggressively, he just keeps hitting him when chances are given. Well, is that something to be happy or not? Why does he feel like he had become a masochist?

Eugene coughed awkwardly, glancing at his little sister.

"Don't talk nonsense, when did I kick people?"

Kaizer, who had been kicked the previous night: "..."

Eunice pouted, "But you always resort to violence whenever someone upsets you. Father has punished you many times for it. Even at banquets, you push people and put your foot on their stomachs when they fall. I've seen you do it every time."

"Right, there was that one time when the son of a baron came to apologize, and you made him kneel and lick your shoes because you—"

His brother clearly enjoyed being worshipped like a god.