071: So That's How It Is

"He's that cruel person to me!"

Cadmus's eyes widen in astonishment as he witnesses his brother's collapse: "N-No, Brother?!"

Cadmus immediately panics and escorts his brother out of the office while exclaiming, "Someone! Summon a doctor! Hurry!"

He rushes towards his brother's room.

Casimin couldn't comprehend.

Why? Why is life so arduous? Why does existence have to be so intricate?

As he gradually loses consciousness, he feels as though he's descending into an abyss and awakens to find himself facing the same dream scenario. However, this time, he isn't experiencing it firsthand. He merely stands there, like an observer, watching events unfold.

"Shradinza!"

Casimin observes himself standing in front of Euric, his silver knight uniform drenched in blood, gazing at the other party with intense animosity.

"Hahahahaha."

Euric bursts into manic laughter while fixing his gaze upon Casimin, devoid of any trace of fear.

Then, he witnesses himself shouting in anger, "It's entirely your family's fault!"

Euric merely grins and retorts, "Give up! Until his last breath, he only recognized me as his brother and no one else!"

Casimin grows pale as he realizes the gravity of the situation.

Whether it be in the past or the future, this scene seems to serve as a forewarning. Something must have transpired to lead to this outcome. How did the once amicable relationship between the Shradinza and their family's friends crumble like this?

"Even after everything, you still have the audacity to claim brotherhood?!"

Euric's expression darkens as he glares at Casimin with hatred. "I am his brother, and as for you? You are merely a friend of his enemy! That alone makes you an enemy as well. So, don't assume that killing me will alleviate your guilt!"

What do you mean?

Casimin observes the unfolding scene before him, unable to comprehend what is happening.

Euric declares, "He lives, calling me his brother, and he dies knowing that I am his only true brother. No matter what, your existence means nothing to him; you're nothing more than a stranger!"

"Shut up!"

"I will find him! I will locate his body, even if it means sacrificing my own life force to rectify everything!"

Euric displays a surprised expression. "Y-You..."

"And once everything is rewritten, you will be the stranger one."

No.

Casimin reaches out his hand, but the scene fades away and is replaced by another.

He now finds himself inside the dukedom, standing in the hallways. Before him stand himself and Cadmus, engaged in a heated conversation that escalates until his younger brother screams and swings his swords, shattering the glass window.

Casimin takes a step back, fear evident on his face, as he witnesses himself kneeling.

"Why? Why did you kill him?"

Casimin shakes his head.

No. No. This must be false. It can't be happening.

This cannot be true!

"Tell me, Cadmus, why did you murder my younger brother?!"

Casimin's knees buckle as he collapses to the floor. His heart aches so intensely that it feels as if he's personally experiencing the events before him.