092: If I Had A Chance

Eugene finds himself in the garden, enjoying a tranquil tea time, when a servant approaches him, delivering a letter addressed to him.

Recognizing the sender as his brother, Euric, Eugene promptly opens the letter and peruses its contents.

The message reveals that yesterday, Euric and Timber had a conversation about a marriage alliance, and Timber agreed to it. The engagement is set to take place after the cede ceremony, followed by the wedding a week later. At first glance, it appears to be a hasty marriage, but whether it is based on love or convenience remains uncertain.

Eugene feels content with the news.

It appears Timber is anxious about his reaction, unaware that he had discussed the matter with his brother beforehand. Eugene finds it endearing.

He chuckles softly.

No matter, as long as the emperor issues a decree, the Rozans will have no authority to compel Timber's return. Having avoided any confrontation, Eugene successfully liberates Timber from the clutches of Klius. Now, Timber holds the reins of his own destiny, and it's entirely up to him how he chooses to lead his life after marrying his brother.

"Fetch me a pen and paper."

The maidservant dutifully bowed her head and withdrew. 

Upon her return, they handed over the requested items to the young master and discreetly stepped back, granting him privacy.

Eugene proceeded to compose two letters—one addressed to the emperor and the other to his brother. 

In these letters, he stated that Timber Rozans would be marrying into their household and sought the emperor's support for this union. He requested the emperor to issue a decree to the Rozan's family, prompting them to prepare a dowry as a form of assistance. This dowry would serve as Timber's financial support, enabling him to establish his own possessions and secure his [Timber] future.

"Come, take this letter and deliver it to the palace and the Shradinza Household." 

The maidservant stepped forward, bowing respectfully as she extended her hands to receive the letter. "Understood."

Eugene took a leisurely sip of his tea, observing the maidservant as she walked away with the letters.

He then shifted his gaze and began to hum a tune.

The weather today was delightful, perfect for a leisurely stroll, but laziness had taken hold of him, keeping him comfortably stationed in the gazebo. There, he passed his time reading while savoring the beauty of the surrounding scenery. The conversation from yesterday had little impact on his mood; if anything, it had brightened his spirits.

Life was already riddled with numerous problems, and he was determined not to burden himself further.

Today, all he desired was a serene day without any interruptions. Luckily, Kaizer's excessive paperwork kept others at bay, sparing him from any unnecessary irritations for the time being.

Khalil was picked up by his parents from the Catharis dukedom.

While strolling about after his swordsmanship practice, he caught sight of his sister-in-law in the gazebo. Acting impulsively, he rushed over, calling out and waving his hand with a radiant smile, asking, "Are you alone, sister-in-law?"

Eugene arched an eyebrow and gazed at Khalil.

"Have a seat. Have you just completed your swordsmanship practice?"

Khalil nodded and took a seat.

Observing that his sister-in-law was engrossed in a book, he suddenly recalled an incident at the academy and remarked.