004: So Weird

It's strange.

When reality hits you, things are more complicated than you think.

Euric didn't know how to answer because his mind was full of thoughts on how could he ignore such a simple thing causing it to become big. Why didn't he realize it until now? That probably...the reason why his little brother acts like that is because of other people's ridicule.

...And also because of their carelessness.

"Brother, I don't like it."

Eugene lowered his head and tears keep streaming down his face.

"I don't want to become a good person, I just wanted to be who I am. I want my freedom in expressing my emotions because whenever I suppress something, I feel like bursting."

Euric's expression cracked and his hands trembled.

"I want to be selfish because I want something to be called my own."

Euric couldn't bear to hear it, knowing that he had not once asked his little brother if he was fine nor if things are his fault. He always jumps to conclusion that Eugene really did it and only wanted to know the reason.

Why? Just why?

He wanted to say something but he couldn't utter a word.

It was as if, some force is preventing him.

Eugene on the other hand misunderstood his brother's silence. He thought that his brother didn't want to hear some drama so he swallowed back his words and didn't try to blur out his thoughts.

"I'm sorry, please forget it."

Letting it out is useless. His brother might think he's going crazy.

"Brother, I'm a bit tired, can you go now?"

Euric didn't move.

"Bro--"

"I'm sorry."

Eugene froze and look at his brother with wide eyes, not expecting the apology he heard.

Euric's eyes turn red as he looks at his little brother's face.

Just when did it start that he began to ignore Eugene and always look after Eullian? How could he do such a terrible thing to his little brother who also needs care and guidance? Why? Why didn't he realize it sooner? He is too confident that everything is alright, and that Eugene is not the kind of kid who would be easily affected by rumors.

How painful could it be?

For a ten-year-old child to be judged by society?

"You rest for now. I'll go talk to you tomorrow."

Eugene watches his brother hurriedly walk out of his room.

He slump down on the sofa and stare at nowhere in a daze, still couldn't believe what he heard.

He had long wanted to hear his brother apologize but he never heard it in his past life, even after knowing that they were the reason for his suffering. So why? Why is it so easy now?

He hated it.

Eugene couldn't help his tears.

Why does he need to become like that in the past when everything seems easy in this life? Why he hadn't thought that it was because of a lack of communication that their misunderstanding build a huge gap?

If only...he put down his pride.

Then, wouldn't things be different?

He lives his life believing what others say because that's how also he observed. His father is indifferent to him because he prefers Eullian who is good at studying. His mother cares and pours all her attention on Eullian because she feels guilty. And his eldest brother? He thought that he [Euric] liked Eullian more than him because Eullian is more lovable, caring, and sweet.