063: The World is Abnormal

Eugene entered the mansion with his siblings.

Eullian who is following behind purses his lips as he was ignored by his second brother. Because they came back from five years of war, a feast was held in the garden, and soldiers drank and have fun to their heart content. Tomorrow, a grand ceremony will be held in the palace, and soldiers who made great contributions to the war will be rewarded.

"Where is Celisha?"

Marquis Shradinza frowns when he didn't see his wife.

Simon who is following the Marquis back to the office replied, "Madam is not feeling well so she's staying inside her room. I already call a doctor to check her but she refuses anyone who will enter the chamber so I order the servants to be on standby."

Marquis Shradinza raises his eyebrow.

"Why is she refusing treatment? Is she living like this for five years?"

"Well, eldest master and Marchioness Celisha had a fight. Young master Euric hit the Madamn out of anger so the relationship became stiff."

Marquis Shradinza froze.

"Euric hit his mother? Why did he do that?"

Simon lowered his gaze and said, "Master Euric believes that it was because of Marchioness Celisha that you take the second young master away instead of him."

Marquis Shradinza massages his forehead.

He forgot to tell Simon that Eugene voluntarily step forward to take over his brother's position so his eldest son is probably angry towards them. No wonder he was ignored and Euric only stick to Eugene's side, not even looking at him.

——Eugene didn't join the soldier's festive fun and decided to go back to his room.

However, when he was walking in the hallways with Vincent behind, Eullian suddenly appear and block him, holding a box.

"Brother, I-I have a gift for you. Please accept it."

Eugene didn't think much, grab the small box, and said, "You shouldn't bother doing things like this. You are already an adult, you should learn how to handle your monthly allowance and have savings."

Eullian panicked and immediately explain: "N-No, I couldn't go out because it's late so I just pack the brooch that I personally made one year ago. I-I hope you will like it."

Eugene frown, not knowing what to say.

Seeing the awkwardness of the two brothers, Vincent immediately whispered to his master and said, "Young master Eugene, since it's a gift from young master Eullian how about you wear it to attend tomorrow's ceremony? In that way, young master Eullian can see that you appreciate his gift so much and you like it." 

Eugene open the gift box and saw a brooch with a grey moonstone crystal.

The color is exactly like his eyes.

It means Eullian really made it for him which made him feel complicated.

"Brother, how is it? Do you like it?"

Eugene covers the box again and gives it to Vincent: "It's beautiful. I didn't know you can do craftsmanship." after all, this is the first time he receive a gift from Eullian. He only knows his twin is good at learning and instruments, he can also bake and do embroidery. He admits it's a surprise that Eulian will do craftsmanship and make him a brooch.

"Well, I'm learning, and my first craft is for you!"

First craft? For him?

Eugene stares at Eullian's happy face.