002: Feelings

When Vincent left, Eugene decided to read history books.

He's been living in different worlds and has already forgotten many things from this world, especially tradition. He's a little off speaking formally when he's used to talking informally with others while living in those damn worlds.

Wanting to focus on learning, he stopped when he remembered something.

A war between Yuinshel Empire and Biscotti Kingdom.

"30th day of Imperial Calendar, the month of Lunar."

The Grand Duke Karsten would lead his army on the front line assisting the empire's four knights. One family member in every noble house should participate in a war and his elder brother was sent there only to come back severely injured.

He knew that the Biscotti Kingdom would be defeated and Grand Duke Karsten's son is the one would who would take the king's head which lead to their victory.

But remembering the state of his elder brother makes him sad so if he could, he would try to replace his brother in the future.

"Another thing to remember is..."

Eugene tightens his grip on his quill when he remembers the most important event that he should not trigger.

Grand Duke Karsten's son ― Kaizer Restall De la Vallier Karsten would also fall in love with the same woman whom he and his little brother fancied.

That would also lead him to stand on the edge because he always bullies the woman he loves just so she could notice him.

Kaizer who didn't put him to his eyes suddenly hates his existence causing him to be put in trouble like being kidnap or injured.

No matter how high is his status, killing a noble is a heavy crime especially if they have a clean name in society. But as the Grand Duke's son, he could cover up his murder but didn't choose to do that.

Eugene suffered but someone who's crazy as Kaizer won't give up on something like that.

He still chase the woman he admired.

Eugene did mean things, framing her and covering it up as saving her. There's a time he kidnaps the girl and threatens to kill her if she won't look at him.

But the weirdest thing is his death.

He doesn't know who kills him but Kaizer is the only person suitable for eliminating a lunatic man like him. But he didn't feel the same terrifying, heavy, and dark aura that Kaizer bring to that murderer, only a deep hatred bored within those pair of gleaming Iolite eyes.

That's weird.

He was killed inside his bed chamber.

By the man with a pair of Iolite eyes that he believes he didn't encounter.

He gasps when he felt a sudden pain in his chest. His heart is throbbing too fast which reminds him of the same feeling of being killed by his childhood friend back on earth. The picture of the same expression but a different silhouette of a certain man makes him tremble in fear.

"Iolite blue eyes...Cordierite gray."

Holding his own breath, he put down the quill and block his eyes using his arms as he slumps on the chair.

He also doesn't know why his childhood friend kill him but when he remembers those pair of eyes, something couldn't be seen ― so deep that he couldn't tell what is it.

The man who always protect him, pampered him, and cared for him is the same person who would end his life but the question is why? He didn't do anything to upset him and even avoid displeasing him.