091: Only With Each Other

Kaizer elaborates to Eugene about the reset, and finally, Eugene comprehends the reason behind his persistent sense of forgetfulness. This explains why he wakes up feeling disoriented, as certain memories fade away, hindering the early awakening of his consciousness.

The reset occurred when the equilibrium of the world order was disrupted.

It's not just him who is affected; all living beings in Artha experience it. However, Kaizer concludes that some individuals have awakened their consciousness in this world. The ongoing resets happen because those awakened souls do not lose their memories. And as they continue to identify the issues within this world, the balance of the world order gradually drifts.

Kaizer is confident that Eugene's presence in this world remains untraceable to the heavens unless he unleashes his full strength or utilizes an immense amount of divine power.

"So, the resets occur to realign the world, but due to numerous events unfolding, they no longer impact those who have awakened their consciousness."

Kaizer affirmed with a nod, "Indeed, all the alterations you've made are the cause of that."

"Then what about those who have awakened consciousness? Now that they are aware of the world's issues, will they take any action?" Eugene inquired.

Kaizer shook his head, "Unfortunately, they lack the ability to do so."

In this world, no one possesses the authority to alter fate unless they are a demi-god or a divine being capable of influencing the heavens. This is precisely why Eugene's existence poses a threat to those gods, as he has the potential to assume dominion over the world they abandoned.

Artha has no gods, and if Eugene wields his power to sway people's beliefs, he could become the central figure worshipped by all humanity, thereby augmenting his power even further. 

After all, a god's strength lies in the number of believers they have.

"You certainly possess a vast amount of knowledge."

Kaizer embraces Eugene tightly with a weary smile. "After all, I've been traveling for a million years. But that lonesome journey is not something I wish to acknowledge. Only those thousands of years with you, I'm willing to cherish and remember."

He couldn't fully comprehend Kaizer's nature. Neither wholly benevolent nor malevolent, Kaizer acted in pursuit of his own interests and seemed to derive pleasure from manipulating others. It made sense, though, given that he was a god, and the desire for control was inherent.

But the question is, why did Kaizer fall in love with him? And why is it that in those worlds, Kaizer would kill him? It's not bad to ask right? So Kaizer...

"Why, in those worlds, did you keep killing me?"

Kaizer's demeanor froze momentarily, but he then let out a small laugh. He had anticipated that Eugene wouldn't let go of this opportunity to uncover the truth, including his crimes and the motives behind his actions.

"Your existence is mesmerizing."

From the moment Kaizer first saw Eugene's soul, he recognized it as an extraordinary existence destined to revolutionize not only the world but also the very order of the heavens. However, Eugene had already perished in five lifetimes, captured and tormented by the heavens, leaving his soul weakened and on the brink of fading away. Kaizer had no choice but to silently observe, patiently waiting until the gods released Eugene from the judgment hall, casting him away to repent and meet his end.

It felt like an unfathomable waste for such a significant existence to fade into nothingness. In response to Casimin's wish, Kaizer accepted and acquired half of Casimin's life force to enable Eugene's soul to survive while traversing different worlds. He made the decision to remain in the world where Eugene resided, taking Eugene's life once he [Eugene] had absorbed the world's energy to prevent the heavens from tracking him [Eugene] and recalling his [Eugene] soul.