052: Butterfly Effect

When Kaizer found his father, they went back to the mansion.

The servants in the palace were already informed that the Grand Duke will leave the estate today and go to the border. Kaizer watches his father mount the horse and order the line of soldiers. Two flags were lifted up, one is the flag with the family crest of the De la Vallier and the other is the flag of the empire.

A loud shout of the soldiers resound in the grand dukedom and all the servants bow their head, wishing for the grand duke's safe return.

"Father..."

Grand Duke Karsten sighed, "You will lead half of the army tomorrow. Dad will see you at the border. For now, you will become the representative of the grand dukedom."

"I understand, please be safe father."

Grand Duke Karsten smile before leading his battalion to leave the grand dukedom.

All the fort open and the armies march out under the encouragement and blessing of the people. Flowers are thrown everywhere and white handkerchiefs are being waved. Everyone prayed for the soldier's safety and the selected people from each family started their journey through the palace to register their identity.

"Aison I won't allow it!"

Marchioness Celisha collapses on the floor while crying.

Marquis Shradinza can't bear to see his wife crying but it's under the law that every household must send one of their family members to join the war. He also didn't want to send away his son and join the war with him, he couldn't bear to see his eldest suffer but what can he do? If he disobeys the order his whole family will be punished.

"You are already joining the war why still send my son?!"

Marquis Shradinza massages his forehead: "Wife, you know that's not how it works."

"Why?! Why?!"

Eugene who stood by the door of his father's office listened to his mother's screams and clenched his fist. He didn't want his brother to join the war and get a lifetime injury. He doesn't know why things become like this and he was caught off guard by the happening. Though he's aware of the butterfly effect of his action just by changing his course that doesn't mean his plan will also fail. Now all he can think about is how he can convince his father to let him join the war instead of his brother who is the heir of the household.

"Aison that is just so cruel to my son!"

Eugene held his chest while listening to her mother's words.

"Euric is your heir, what if something happens to him?! People will look down on my son when he got injured on the battlefield! Do you think I can accept it when my son who is supposed to be the heir was replaced?! Or are you thinking that Eugene can replace Euric and be the Marquis in the future?! Aison are you trying to kill my son?!"

"What are you saying?! Euric is my precious son, do you think I also wanted this?!"

"Then why choose him?!"

"Because that's also to pave the way for him in the future and be a qualified heir! If the empire wins then all war participants will be given a merit! Shradinza is a swordsman family, without merit do you think Euric can sit in the position of heir without the opposition of others?! This is the only way to ensure that Euric will inherit my title in the future!"

"Still, I don't want!"

Marquis Shradinza covers his face in irritation: "Wife, I will protect Euric."

Marchioness Celisha grab her skirt and stood up, shaking her head, "I don't agree! I won't agree! If you take away my son I will kill myself! Let my family blame you for my death!"