079: Engagement

Time passes by so quickly.

After Eugene's siblings paid him a visit, they assisted him in devising a plan. His brother Euric proposed that Timber should stay at the Rozans Household, and Casimin volunteered to take care of Timber and investigate what had occurred. Initially, Eugene was reluctant to let go, as he believed he was the only one capable of curing Timber. However, Kaizer promptly expressed his anger, dissatisfied with Eugene's inability to let go.

Kaizer emphasized, "Isn't he just a friend?"

Then he proceeded to present his reasoning, leaving Eugene speechless.

In the end, Eugene agreed to his brother on one condition: he must be notified once Timber awakened. Because he wanted to reassure Timber that Klius wouldn't be able to contact him [Timber] again.

"Don't worry, Eugene. Your brother will take care of him."

Eugene expressed his gratitude to his brother Euric.

Instead of returning by carriage, Casimin offered to open a portal connecting to the Rozans family, allowing them to discreetly transfer Timber.

The day of his engagement finally arrived.

Eugene found himself in his room, being meticulously dressed. While everyone else was filled with joy, Eugene grew increasingly restless and couldn't help but worry about the upcoming engagement. He had a feeling that something significant was about to happen, but he couldn't predict what events lay ahead.

"Young master looks splendid."

"No wonder the high highness adores you."

Eugene didn't feel happy at all. What did those remarks mean? Were they suggesting that Kaizer only liked him for his appearance? If only these people know that the little duke they mentioned had been pursuing him relentlessly for thousands of years like a mad dog.

The servants were unaware that they had offended Eugene.

They continued their conversation, filled with veiled compliments that only irritated Eugene further.

Raphael noticed the change in his young master's mood and immediately reprimanded the servants, reminding them of their place. Eugene, with an expressionless face, observed the servants through the mirror's reflection as they all bowed their heads, their faces pale, and apologized.

Eugene decided not to pursue the matter anymore.

After getting dressed, he stood in front of the mirror, adjusting his cufflinks and conversing with Raphael, who informed him that the two princes would attend the engagement banquet.

Eugene wasn't surprised by this news.

His engagement banquet served as an opportunity for the nobles to establish connections and socialize. However, he had no idea about the grand duke's intention behind inviting almost every noble to witness his engagement with Kaizer. One thing was certain, though: there was more to this gathering than just celebrating his engagement.

What were the grand duke and Kaizer planning?

A knock was heard, and Raphael promptly opened the door.

Kaizer entered, looking incredibly handsome in his black suit adorned with golden linings and jewelry. The surrounding servants gasped and admired their master.

Eugene averted his gaze.

"Honey, you look captivating today as well."

Kaizer approached Eugene and hugged his waist, whispering, "Always so enchanting. How can you be so seductive without even trying? It makes me want to hide you even more."