053: I'm His Son

"Arghhh."

Eugene throws away the things on his table while crying.

Why is this world so cruel for letting him who knows nothing suffer like this? Why is it that he didn't even choose to be born but he was the one who is being punished? Can he just...can he just take a rest from all of this and be at peace?

He has been living in lies for thousands of years.

He has been fucking living in lies for thousands of years!

No wonder his mother can't love him, no wonder he is different from his siblings. Because he is a monster made against the order of heaven. He is a child born from a man, not even a child born with love because his father refuses to accept that fact and so he is too. This should have been a dream, what he heard must be a lie. That's right, everything, everything is just his hallucination.

He's not Duke Viltaria's child.

He did not come out of his father's womb.

He is not---

Eugene burst out..."I'm not a monster."

Eugene collapsed on the floor and cried his heart out. He's out of breath and his heart hurts. It's over, not only that, but even his siblings wouldn't accept such a thing. He would have accepted if he was a child of Duke Viltaria with the Duchess, in that way, he could understand his mother's hatred, but no...He is a child born in an affair.

His mother, hating him is reasonable.

So he had no right, he had no right to blame his mother when he wasn't even her child.

"Why is it so messed up?"

Closing his eyes, Eugene expresses his grief.

Your sin is your very own existence.

"Eugene Aimer Shradinza, you have no record at all, you shouldn't have been born. It should only be the heaven's child. You..."

"The goddess of fate reviews the record of life. Eugene Aimer Shradinza, you are punished for committing a crime against the heaven's child. I announce..."

"You who have been sinned..."

Eugene covers his ear and curls his body.

"I didn't commit any crime! It's you the heavens who deprived me of life!"

"I don't accept! I won't die! You won't be able to kill me!"

"I will be back! When the time comes, I'll prove to all of you, that I'm not existing for nothing! I will..."

Eugene slowly loses consciousness.

When his eyes opened again, Eugene was already in the heavenly realm and Kiara who would always come to him was only standing in the corner while trembling. But Eugene just walked towards the bed and sat down in a daze. Though not fully conscious, he had a connection to his half-self. It also surprised him, when he learned the origin of his birth.

"Numen..."

Eugene didn't look at Kiara but still asked: "You know it right?"

Kiara purses her lips.

"Back then you said to the gods that you have not found any record of my birth, yet I exist."

"Numen--"

"TELL ME THE TRUTH KIARA! IS DUKE DEL VILTARIA REALLY MY FATHER?!"

Kiara collapsed on the floor and cried.

"Yes. You are a child born through magic. You have the blood of your father the Marquis and the Duke. Because your birth almost breaks the balance of the world, the heavens have no choice but to destroy you so the heaven's favored child won't suffer."