019: Sign & Signal

Eugene spends his time in the infirmary with Timber and his brother taking care of him.

In the afternoon, before the class ended, Eugene suggests going back to his dorm to avoid other students from going in and out of the infirmary to peek at him knowing that these people only wanted to gossip about what happened to him.

Now, upon arriving at his dorm room, Timber suggested staying but before Eugene could reply, Euric immediately dragged Timber out by pulling his [Timber] collar and saying his goodbye.

The scene makes Eugene laugh one more time.

"You rest, I'll bring you dinner later so you don't need to go to the dining hall."

Eugene nodded at his brother.

Timber took one last peek and said, "Eugene wait for me! I'll eat dinner with you!"

Euric pursed his lips and said, "Sick person shouldn't be disturbed, you'll eat with me this time."

Timber looks at Euric with a shocked expression as if he met the end of the world which makes Euric's lips twitch and pinch Timber's cheeks as a bit of revenge for being disliked by doing nothing wrong.

The little one really held grudges, but Euric didn't know why Timber dislike him so much,

"You bully me?! Let go! I'll ask my brother to beat you!"

Euric frowns, "Your crazy brother? I remember him blocking my way many times and keep threatening me. Make sure to notify him that my patience had a limit so yeah, make sure that when you sue, don't forget to mention who I am."

Timber looks at Euric with teary eyes as if he is wronged.

This made Eugene dissatisfied.

"Brother Euric don't be mean to Timber."

"I'm not being mean to him."

"You are! you are bullying me huhuhuhu!"

Euric gritted his teeth, "If you keep being bothersome, Eugene won't be able to rest."

Timber paused and purse his lips.

"T-Then goodbye."

He looks at Eugene pitifully while waving his hand. Eugene who saw Timber's cute action of opening and closing hands as goodbyes can't help but had his heart shaken.

'How could my baby be so cute?!'

Euric's heart also shook and wanted to pinch Timber's cheeks again but seeing the red cheeks of the person in his embrace, he was reluctant.

So delicate. How could it turn red with just a pinch?!

"Okay, let's go!"

Dragging the person away, Euric closes the door leaving Eugene inside who was dazed and thought suddenly...

'What just happen?'

Biting his lips, Eugene prevent himself from laughing and lay his body on the bed while staring at the ceiling.

Now that he was alone again, he can't help but overthink.

Raising his hands, he stare at the ring on his fingers and the moonstone grey gems shone brightly. Smiling, he closes his eyes and kisses the ring, expressing happiness that he doesn't know where came from.

On the other side, Duke Viltaria flinch.

He lowered his head and recall Eugene's face. He would be lying if he refuse to acknowledge his guilt, but over time, whenever he goes to the Shradinza Household, his eyes would always roam around, wishing to see the child that is carved in his memories.