048: Matter Settled

Grand Duke Kasrten amusingly looks at his friend.

When he learned that Eugene will be pulled out of the selection he immediately informs Arkiton to see what this good friend of his will do but he didn't expect his friend to use his authority and bring the matter out of the academy, using the emperor as a threat.

 The emperor: "..."

Katnier laugh and patted Arkiton's back, saying: "Isn't that too much?"

Arkiton just shrugged: "If I don't do that the academy's director won't show himself. Isn't that the most effective and simplest method? They dare to refuse a Marquis because they knew that Aison is not someone who loves to use his own authority, especially to the rumored unwanted son of his. The fact that I hated so much to the point I wanted to kill who created the rumors."

Katnier put his hand on his chin.

"The instructors this time are good because it's the academic officers who requested punishment. However, it's strange that the instructors look like they favor that child."

Arkiton's face turn ugly: "Because they are now doubting that Eugene is a dualist."

"Well, isn't Eugene a dualist?"

Arkiton snorts: "No matter what, my son is not allowed to be adopted by you."

Katnier chuckled: "Who knows? You know what will happen if everyone found out that Eugene is a dualist. The emperor would put your son under my wings and offer the Marquis a disownment agreement so that I can adopt Eugene and become my son instead. After all, that's the only way to protect someone who will become the target of the empire's enemies."

"I can also protect my son, Katnier."

"But now one knows he's your son."

——When Eugene woke up from his sleep, he feel a huge amount of energy flowing in his body which made him surprised and confused, about how that happened.

It's already afternoon so he gets up to eat dinner.

However, while walking outside, he saw that every student are staring at him and whispering around while pointing in his direction. Though he's not new to this scene he still feels like something is wrong so he immediately walks towards the bulletin board and saw the announcement that he was pulled out of the selection and under that is a statement of "Sutdent, under investigation."

I see.

Everyone must have thought that he cheated.

Eugene averted his gaze and walk back into the cafeteria to eat. Though problematic, it's not important anymore. He can question the academic officers and instructors but he can't offend an arbitrator now because he had no backing from his family. He didn't want to bother his brother with something like this because it was his choice, he did something that made the consequences greatly affect him. 

Did he regret it? No.

Why would he regret it? He is so stingy that only by destroying a lair he would feel accomplishment.

His worry is that his teammates...

Especially Timber who will be left alone inside the Sena Forest.

Eugene hurriedly finishes his meal and sighed. He left the cafeteria and walk towards the council room to talk about the matter of compensation. However, when he got there, he saw some members of the school student council, blocking the door.

"Excuse me?"

One of the men looked at him in surprise, "Student, what's your business here?"

"I want to meet the academic officers."