055: The Doubts

Euric knocked on the door of Eugene but he got no response.

Fortunately, when he tried again the voice of his little brother resounded so he pushed the door open only to see his little brother leaning on the window with cross arms, looking outside. Euric doesn't know why but he feels like something is wrong.

Eugene who finally retrieve his body smirk.

"What are you doing here brother?"

Euric paused.

Wrong. Why is little brother's voice too cold? And why his little brother doesn't even show an expression of happiness upon seeing him? Is it because he's going to war that Eugene is acting this way? Thinking that his little brother is angry, Euric softens his face.

"Eugene, are you angry at brother?"

Eugene frowns and glances at his big brother, a bit familiar and unfamiliar.

"Why would I be angry?"

Ëuric's lip twitched: "Because a brother is going to war and won't come back for long?"

Eugene chuckled and lazily wave his hand, indicating that he doesn't care much because it was not Euric who will go but he and the Marquis already agreed. No matter what would happen right after his departure tomorrow, he was careless about it.

Now, it was Euric's turn to frown.

He approach his little brother and held his shoulder.

"What happen to you?"

Eugene pushed his brother's hand, "Nothing brother, besides did you come all the way here to talk about leaving? You should know that I'm the most against it."

Euric stared at his little brother, a bit confused.

"Why are you treating me so cold?"

"I do not, I'm just like this."

"No way! My little brother would always smile at me and act baby to me. Come, tell brother why are you angry, Brother will make it up to you."

Eugene is helpless, but his face didn't show it. Just when did he act like a baby? Even when he only has his half-consciousness he never saw himself act like a baby in front of his big brother. So, is his brother mistaking him for Eullian? Also, why did his brother come here to coax him when Eullian is the one who needed it the most?

"Eugene~"

"Brother, why it is that you are the one who is acting like a baby here?"

Euric widen his eyes, "No! How could you tease your brother like this? Eugene you really change, you don't love me anymore! Tell me, who did you exchange brother with? I tell you I'm your only elder brother! Others are not allowed to have that title!"

"Brother, that's annoying."

Euric pouted: "Come, let brother hug you."

Eugene rolls his eyes and lets the big bear hug him tightly. In the end, because his brother hugs too much, he pushes the other party away with a face showing disgust which made Euric throw a tantrum again, screaming that he is being hated again and that he had no will to live and would just die in war because his baby brother doesn't want him anymore.

Eugene held his head, feeling a headache.

Why is his big brother acting like he's the little brother?

——In the grand dukedom, Kaizer is busy receiving guests and doing paperwork. Many are visiting the grand dukedom to meet him, knowing that he will depart tomorrow with half of the army. Kaizer was even visited by his relatives, hugging him tightly and telling him not to go and exhaust himself and just leave the matter to his father.