067: Like A Different Person

That night, Eugene enters his father's study.

The office is full of voices, especially Euric who will raise his tone in anger. Eugene on the other hand is calm but his eyes are so cold that they could freeze people.

Marquis Shradinza feels helpless.

He is aware of how his wife treats Eugene and he just turns a blind eye, but when he learns that his beloved daughter is also abused physically, he couldn't help but get angry. He gave his wife power in this mansion because he is too busy, he just didn't expect his wife will overdo it.

Guilty.

He couldn't even lift his head to look at his second son out of guilt.

So the next day, he order that the marchioness won't be allowed to step out of her room for a month which made the marchioness caught off guard and panic. Though she didn't know why she feel uneasy, the way he lost the favor of her eldest son and the way her younger son ignore her is just too much for her to bear so she really fell ill.

Eugene change her little sister's servants and the Marquis just kept silent.

Eullian is walking around his room, biting his fingernails in nervousness. In the end, out of stress, he throws everything in his room with a flushed face. Disliking the fact that his little sister had the attention of his twin brother Eugene.

"Young master calm down."

Vincent held Eullians hand and frowned.

Eullian couldn't help his tears and said, "Why is my brother ignoring me again? It's because of Eunice right? If Eunice is not here my brother would pay attention to me again. Vincent I heard a girl at the age of ten is now eligible to get engaged---"

"Young master!"

Vincent frown, "How could you think bad of your little sister!"

Eullian cried out, feeling so wronged which made Vincent's heart soften so he said: "Don't be sad. Didn't young Master Eugene accept your gift? It means that he values you."

Eullian sniffed: "B-But Vincent, whenever we had dinner he only give dishes to Eunice and escort her right after. Why is that? B-Brother is supposed to care for me because I'm not healthy. S-So it's probably Eunice taking away my brother's attention because she hates me and blames me for how mom treats her."

Vincent didn't know what to say.

"Young master Eullian... the marchioness abused young lady and your brother. It would be no wonder why the two are so close because young master Eugene probably wanted to protect the young lady from being bullied again."

"I-I want to protect my brother too! I ignore my mother because I hate what she did to my brother!"

Vincent hesitate. What to do? He can tell that it's his young master Eullian's fault that the two are abused by the marchioness. It's hard because one wrong move would make his young master collapse into self-blame. He could only shut his mouth and calm down the little master.

"Well, if young master insists, how about..."

Eullian's face lit up.

——Eugene is currently in the library, studying.

His father had told him that Eustoma Academy already sends letters of admission to the students who participate in war. In short, they can still enter the academy if they want.

But Eugene is hesitating if he would go back.

Academy is so boring and if he go back he would probably meet that woman again.