012: Timber

Things have been smooth these past few days.

Eugene kept himself inside his dormitory to continue his study about magic and around that time the dormitory head would knock on his door to check on him and bring some food to share.

Because he came back to the academy in advance, this new dormitory head had no idea about his reputation in this academy unlike in the past when he arrived in the academy the second week after school started which gained a bad reputation for the dormitory head as she also starts hearing things from other students who came around warning her about his temper.

That is probably also the reason why this dormitory head always eyed him in the past.

But come to think of it, it wasn't actually that bad.

Dainty, the new dormitory head didn't do much to him and just always correct him.

Mouth is harsh but eyes are gentle and full of care.

Too bad he's blinded and gets annoyed every time he was reprimanded even though it's for his own good.

"I'm really stupid huh."

Carefully wearing his tie, Eugene stood in front of a full-length mirror.

It's time.

The school officially started today.

He's nervous but at least he already knows what to expect. But one thing that made him happy now is that he will meet Timber again.

Timber was timid and weak when he was just a child, but because of his influence, Timber changed, making his brother hate him, as Timber no longer relied on anyone to live.

He wanted to be by Timber's side knowing that Timber's mother would soon die and he wasn't able to do anything to change the fate that would befall his friend.

After all, he's the dangerous one existing.

"Because you killed him."

A black aura forms in a human form, hugging Eugene from behind while smiling evilly.

"The only person who trusted you and accepted you were killed by you." 

Eugene lowered his gaze and continue to ignore the voice inside his head.

He fixes his clothes in a slow manner before turning around...walking toward his study table.

He didn't bother to bring books as he only plan to sleep in class.

Eugene, no matter which world hates studying the most unless it's something that caught his interest. That's why even after going back to the past, he had no plan to become an academic master whatsoever.

What's the use?

People won't believe his achievement and would just suspect him of cheating anyways, so be it.

He can just go around and show his strength, not his brain.

Hiding the magic book he brought from home, Eugene exits his room and sighs before walking out of the dormitory, ready to face the starting line of his misery.

Eustoma Royal Academy is a school that covered everything.

From the military, magic, music, art, and research & development department, it's a long list that caters to one's talent.

Eugene plans to attend the military department once he graduates so he must pass the upcoming 'selection' to make that happen.