1. Evelyn

🦋

Covered in soft blanket evelyn was sleeping peacefully, dreaming about pancakes coated with maple syrup.

There was a knock on the door. She groaned and murmured a small 'come in'

Her bedroom door opened revealing a maid. ''Good morning martha" evelyn whispered in her cute little voice which was still groggy from sleep.
"Good morning sweetie" martha cooed while looking at the small girl.

She loved evelyn like her own daughter infact every maid in the household adored her.
She treated the servants with respect.

She still remembered the day when evelyn's father, henry, hired her as maid for evie (as her father liked to call her). She was really grateful to him for the job as she was in desperate need for money because of her husband's illness.

But there was a thought in the back of her mind, that now she has to deal with a spoiled kid. She wasn't a person to judge anyone without meeting them but martha had previously worked for many rich people.

And their little kids always raised their voice at her or played some prank on her which used to end up in her getting badly hurt.

But when martha saw evelyn all her thoughts were thrown out of the window. Instead of an unruly child as she thought, there stood a fragile and incredibly adorable girl.
She shyly waved at martha and gave her a smile showing her cute dimples.

She watched the girl in awe, silver blonde hair reaching her lower back and light silver eyes. For a thirteen year old she was really beautiful. She mentally scolded herself for thinking her as a bad kid.

Evelyn was getting homeschooled, when martha heard that from other servants, she asked them the reason.

They said one day evelyn came home crying, when her father was informed about it he wasted no time and reached home immediately. He saw her crying on the bed and held her in his arms.

"Sh its okay princess. Tell daddy what happened" henry asked softly. She kept sobbing, her face was completely red from crying which broke her father's heart. He took out his handkerchief and wiped her face.

He kept cradling her.

"D-Daddy" she whispered still burying her face on his chest. Henry made her look at him and cupped her soft cheeks. "Tell me" he said.

"E-Everyone have friends b-but i don't" she said clutching his shirt tightly. He rubbed her back "how's that possible, my princess is the most lovely person" he cooed.

She clutched her eyes shut "a boy said t-that they don't make friends with a girl w-who doesn't have a mother"
Henry's heart broke. Evelyn's mother, Alice, died in a plane crash when she was four. He never married again, his love for alice never died.

After listening to all this he decided that she will get homeschooled, to which evelyn happily agreed.
Sure she wanted friends but she didn't want to be around such bad kids.

Martha's heart cleanched after listening that. From that day she decided, she will keep evelyn happy, always.

"Martha"

"Martha" she came out of her day dreaming when she saw a hand waving in front of her. "Are you okay" asked evelyn, concern laced in her voice. She smiled at her "yes my dear, i'm fine"

She mumbled a soft 'okay'
"Come on sweetheart, take a shower" martha said. Shaking her head she fell back on the bed "noo" she whined rolling here and there on her soft bed.

Martha chuckled "not even if i'm making chocolate pancakes" she said.

Her ears perked up after hearing pancakes, she shot out of the bed and took her towel. "I'll be out in few minutes" she said.
Chuckling at her reaction, martha started to fix her bed.

Evelyn came downstairs to see the dining table empty. She settled on the chair.

She played with the hem of her dress while waiting for her pancakes.
Her eyes wondered to the empty chairs around her.
She released a sigh, evelyn knew her father loved her a lot. But his work always came in between them.

Her father was a well known lawyer, Henry Winters, the best lawyer in London.

Evelyn was aware of her father doing some kind of bad work. She was sad when she found out and she confronted him about it.

"Princess, i know its wrong but its my work, my clients are very...harmful people, i can't say no to them. Plus i'm getting a good amount of money for that. Please sweetheart, you know that i have no one except you and i'm doing this to keep you happy" That was his statement.

Evelyn couldn't even get mad at him since he was doing all that just for her. To give her a comfortable life.

Thinking about that always made her anxious because it only meant that her father's life was constantly in danger and she hated it.
She also hated being away from him.

But she knew that her dad was right, his clients were really dangerous people. These clients were the owners of the storm enterprise.

She didn't know their names but she knew that they were triplets.
They were billionaires, but that wasn't the main reason for them being famous.

The whole london knew about their merciless ways to handle the people who came in their way or double crossed them. How they tortured them-
A chill ran down to evelyn's spine while thinking about those heartless people.

"God knows what kind of cruel people they are" she whispered clutching the cross chain which was around her neck. Evelyn just wanted her dad to be safe from them, that's it, nothing else. She wanted nothing to do with them.

Her chain of thoughts broke when a plate of hot pancakes was placed in front of her. Evelyn took a big whiff of it.

"You looked deep in thought dear. Mind if i ask what got you frowning like that" martha asked. "I was just thinking about dad" she replied.

It has been a week since henry went to another country regarding some business. "He will be back in no time honey, don't worry" she consoled the poor girl.

Evelyn only had her father who was her family. Martha felt sympathy for her, she looked so lonely.

She looked up at martha and gave her smile "thank you" she said, she was the one who always saved her from feeling alone.

"Come on now, have your breakfast before it gets cold" she cooed. Evelyn nodded, she closed her eyes and started saying her prayers inwardly.
It was her routine to say her prayers before meals.

Going to church and reading bible were her favourite things to do.
She didn't consider herself as a church girl, she just liked doing these things because it always cleared her mind.

She started to eat her pancakes as martha watched her with a smile.

*************************

Please vote and follow🌼