3. Kind soul

🦋

Evelyn opened her closet door and started to look for clothes to wear, she was going to the park.

She loved being there, seeing little kids playing, beautiful flowers, it always made her happy and sometimes she read book on a park bench.

Finally she settled on a comfy outfit.

There was a knock on her bedroom door

There was a knock on her bedroom door. She opened the door and saw martha standing there, smiling at her. "Are you going to park, dear?" She asked. "Yes" evelyn replied and started to look for sandals to pair with her dress.

"Evie" martha called, "yeah" she said. "Josie, wanted to thank you for the clothes" she said.
"She liked them?" evelyn asked with a big smile. "Yes, she did" she replied.

"Thats good, i was really nervous whether she will like it or not. Oh and remember you told me that her exams are coming, i saw some guide books online. That will help her a lot" she said enthusiastically.

"You don't have to do all that my dear, she will manage" martha said shaking her head. "Nope, plus i already ordered it" evelyn said as a matter of fact.

Josie was martha's 21 year old daughter. Josie loved evelyn like a sister. When she started her college, students used to make fun of her for her worn out clothes and by the time it only got worse.

One day when evelyn went to martha's house to gave her a surprise visit, she heard josie crying and complaining about everything to martha.

From that day evelyn started buying clothes, books and other essential things for josie. Martha and josie tried really hard to convince her that there was no need to do it but she didn't listen.

Martha looked at the girl wearing her sandals. "What do you think? Dad got it for me" evelyn asked showing her the sandal. Martha smiled "you look pretty in everything honey" she said.

Evelyn grinned. Martha felt her heart getting heavy, all she could feel was pity. It hurt her a lot to think that evelyn didn't have a mother. She deserved her mother's love.
'How can god be so cruel to this kind soul' she thought.

----

"Ready" martha asked. "Yes" replied evelyn as she put a book on her purse.

"Ok, but be safe sweetie. Don't talk to strangers" she said with concern. She knew in evelyn's eyes everyone had a good heart.

"Don't worry, i'll be fine, besides its not the first time i'm going there" evelyn said while pinching martha's cheeks. She chuckled a little.

Evelyn was sitting on a park bench, reading a book. Few strands of her hair were flying a little with the soft breeze.
She heard a giggle and looked up from her book. A little girl was on a slide and a lady was standing at the end of the slide.

"Come on abby" that lady cooed while calling her. The girl giggled and got down on the slide.

"Catch me mommy" she said and slid down, as she reached at the end of the slide her mom caught her. She giggled while her mother kissed her chubby cheeks.