65. Ice cream and talks

🦋

Evelyn was standing in her library finding something to read. That's how she used to spend her afternoons, once she thought about helping agatha in the kitchen but obviously storms didn't allow her.

In their eyes she was way too fragile and could get hurt easily.

She was lazily running her gaze around the bookshelves when a pair of arms wrapped around her. Evelyn gasped and turned around, ace was standing there smiling at her.

"What are you doing kitten? he asked pulling her close.
She shrugged "finding a book to read" she told him.

Ace hummed and kissed her cheek. He sighed when her vanilla scent invaded her nostrils, ace placed his head on her shoulder. Evelyn ran her fingurs through his silky curls. "Are you tired" she asked "hm" he replied.

Ace had to handle all the meetings since noah and elijah were busy in talking to the designers and selecting the designs of evelyn's dress for the auction.

"You wanna sleep" she asked. Ace looked up at her "can we go for a walk" he asked.

Evelyn smiled widely "sure, there is a park nearby, we can go there, you'll like it a lot" she said.

Sometimes she would take her dogs for a walk there and obviously one of the storms bodyguards used to be with her, watching her from a little far away.
"Okay" he replied.

"Give me a minute, i'll go and change" she said excitedly. Ace watched her leave with a smile.

Evelyn entered inside the bedroom. She picked up the clothes from her closet and wore them.

She combed her hair and hurriedly wore her white sneakers

She opened the bedroom door and found ace waiting for her outside. He smiled at her, his eyes traveling on those milky legs. "You look adorable" he cooed taking her hand in his. She looked down "thank you" she said softly.

They walked out of the mansion.

"I go there sometimes, its really nice and quiet there" she told him. Ace kept listening her talking as they walked hand in hand.

She suddenly stopped talking when she saw him staring at her "what" she asked, he smiled "i love your voice" he replied.
Evelyn looked away.

Ace pulled her close as they kept walking in a comforting silence.

They reached the park. Ace looked at the surrounding, it was all calming.
"Its beautiful" he said, she smiled.

"Come" she said tugging on his hand. They walked inside. It was all quiet, not much people were here as evelyn told her which he as glad about. Ace wanted to spend time with her without any disturbance.

He rested his hand around her waist as they walked, he sighed in content. Light breeze was blowing his curls a little.

"Evelyn" a voice called. They turned around and saw an old lady with a small girl beside her "hello Mrs. Hart" evelyn greeted her politely and bent down to the eye level of the small girl "hy baby" she cooed at her, that girl giggled "evie" she mumbled and jumped in her arms.