58. Past (part-1)

🦋

Evelyn stared at the sky through the window, she was laying on her bed. Sheets were wrapped around her.

A hand came towards her face and started to caress her cheek. She closed her eyes and sighed. It was noah. His light sandalwood scent surrounded her as he watched her with a smile.

She turned her head and looked at him. "Good morning baby" he said and kissed her cheek "good morning" she mumbled.

Rays of sunshine were falling on their faces as they stared at each other.

"So fucking beautiful" he whispered, evelyn smiled. He brought his face close to her and slowly ran his nose on her neck. She tilted her head giving him better access.

She raised her hand and ran her fingers through his hair as he kissed her neck. Suddenly a purring sound escaped from her lips in pleasure.

Evelyn's eyes widened and on the other hand a smirk played on noah's lips. "You like that" he whispered biting her earlobe.
She clutched his arm, he ran his tongue over her exposed neck.

But after some time he pulled away. Evelyn whined, noah chuckled.

"I wanted to talk to you about something" he said getting a little serious. Evelyn tilted her head in confusion but nodded. Noah helped her in getting up and pulled her on his lap.

They sat on the bed in each other's embrace "yesterday morning i saw you and elijah sleeping on the couch" he said. She understood where this conversation was going.

Evelyn turned around on noah's lap and faced him. He smiled at her "me and my brother's are really lucky to have you in our life" he said and continued "i can't thank you enough baby for taking care of my brothers" noah said kissing her forehead.

"Noah" she called, he hummed. "What is it thats disturbing you all so much" she asked looking at him. Noah stared at her. The innocence in her eyes was too fragile to handle their darkness.

He smiled "everything is fin-" "why do you have to lie to me" evelyn said in frustration. "Why" she asked.

He didn't reply. Evelyn got out of his hold and started to leave but he held her hand. He pulled her close, she didn't look at his way. He cupped her face and made her look at him.

"Some lies are better than a broken truth" he whispered. She frowned.

"I love you, we love you" noah said and with that he released her. He walked out of the room as she stared at his disappearing figure.

-----

Evelyn stood in her library but instead of a book her phone was laying on her lap as she kept staring at it. She knew it was going to be risky but she genuinely wanted to help the storms and for that she knew she will need her help.

She took a deep breath "i have to do this" evelyn whispered to herself and picked up her phone.

She dialed a number and pressed the device to her ear as she waited impatiently. After few rings they picked it up.

"Hello"

"I want to meet you" evelyn said hurriedly.

"I would love to meet you dear but i don't think your husbands will like that"

"Please della, i want to talk to you about something important please" she begged.

"Ok but where" she asked. "Can we meet at the church in an hour. Its the only place where they'll let me go without suspecting anything" she explained. Della sighed "ok but be careful dear, its not that easy to fool them" she warned.