82. A storm

🦋

"Evelyn might be pregnant"

Storms stilled.

They felt their heartbeat pick up, hands sweating.

"W-What?" After few minutes noah finally asked. Henry nodded "these are signs of pregnancy" he replied.

Ace gulped. He looked at his brothers.

"We're going to be a dad" he mumbled pulling his brothers out of their dazes. They looked at him "yes we are" elijah breathed.

Noah smiled as few tears gathered in his eyes. He wiped them away, ace and elijah hugged him tightly.

Henry looked at them with a frown. It was truly heartwarming seeing them like but, then he thought about his daughter. No, she wasn't ready to be a mother.

She herself was just a kid. For god sake she just celebrated her 19th birthday few months ago.

"Listen" he said, storms looked at him. "Its still not confirm-" he was cut off when elijah hugged him happily. "I can't believe this" he whispered.

Henry stood still, slowly he rubbed his back. "But you need to understand" he said making elijah look at him. "I said she might be pregnant, i'm not sure. We need to take her to the doctor" he said.

The trio nodded "we'll book an appointment for tomorrow morning" noah said. They all were smiling so widely that it looked like it will hurt their faces.

"Please don't tell evelyn, she might panic" henry said. Elijah's smile faltered a little "she don't want to be pregnant?" He asked a little hurt.

Henry was completely trapped now, he loved his daughter, however, he couldn't deny that there was a soft spot in his heart for the storms.

He patted elijah's back "son, she is only nineteen, she has her whole life ahead. I'm not saying she would never want to get pregnant but right now is not the good time-" elijah pushed his hand away.

"You don't want us to get more close to your daughter right? This baby will bring us closer and you don't want that" he argued angrily.

Noah and ace were glaring at him. Henry remained calm.

"You done?" He asked.

"Now listen to me, i'm not a hypocrite who will ruin my own daughter's married life but you three need to understand. You are not emotionally stable, evelyn took you to that doctor for your betterment but what you all did? You just sat there for one session that's it" he said bitterly.

He didn't want to be harsh on them but they needed to hear this.

"How will you raise a kid when you three are not mentally grown, when you need my daughter all the time, close to you" he said.

"And you know who will suffer in this, evelyn. She will have to take care of not only this child but you three too" he breathed.

Henry sat back on the couch. He took a deep breath. Storms stood still not saying anything.

He sighed "only if you three had listened to her and went to that doctor. She kept trying to convince you but you never listened. Now even if she is pregnant the first thought in her mind will be how will she handle the baby while dealing with you three too" he said, henry removed his reading glasses wiping his eyes.

"A-And the w-worst part is i-i'm not able to help her. I p-promised her mom that i-i'll always protect our daughter but now, i'm helpless" he whispered.

The tears of frustration kept falling from hus eyes. "I'm not saying she hates you" henry said and looked at storms who all had a sad look on their faces, their bright smiles were nowhere to be found.