18. Escape?

🦋

Evelyn was packing her bag. Henry sent all the household staff their home early. He didn't want to take any risk.

She finished the packing and sighed, she was scared, really scared but the feeling of getting free from the storms gave her a little confidence.

Still she couldn't believe that someone lost their life because of her. A tear escaped from her eye. She shook her head "focus" she mumbled. She hurriedly change her clothes.

Henry knocked on her door "come in" she said zipping up her bag

Henry knocked on her door "come in" she said zipping up her bag. He entered inside "sweetheart did you pack everything, you need help?" He asked.
"No dad its alright i finished it" she said "good, we're leaving in few minutes" he said and she nodded.

-----

The storms were working in their office. Ace completed the paperwork and closed the file. Noah was working on his laptop and elijah was attending a meeting.

Elijah entered inside the office and sat on the chair with a sigh. "How was the meeting" noah asked while typing on the laptop.

"It was good, that project was profitable so i agreed for the investment" he said removing his suit jacket. Ace and noah hummed in response.

Elijah's phone went off, it was officer clark who went to evelyn's school for kyle's case. "Yeah" said elijah.
"Sir everything is done, no one will bother mam for that boy's case" the officer said though he tried to sound confident but still his voice showed fear.

"Good job, anything else we need to know" elijah asked.
"No sir" he replied.
"Hm" elijah said and cut the call.

"That officer called, he said that they won't bother puppy for this case" he said tossing his phone aside. Ace looked up "good" he said and noah nodded.

"I want to talk to her" ace suddenly groaned putting his file aside, it was getting frustrating for the storms not being able to see or talk to her.

After that night evelyn was so scared of them that whenever they came to see her she started to hyperventilate.

If the situation was different they wouldn't have given a fuck and still wouldv forcefully made her stay close to them but right now it was about her health.

Even when they called her she started to cry uncontrollably. Evelyn's mind was still traumatized from that incident.

Their anger was increasing day by day. They tried to put this anger on their work but it hardly worked. Other people around them were facing their wrath.

Even a single thought of her and they started to get even more frustrate. Noah clenched his jaw and slammed his laptop on the floor in his anger, elijah and ace remained seated, completely unfazed. After all they too were trying to control themselves.

Ace's phone went off, "this better be important" he sneered. He checked the caller ID it was jack.
"Speak" ace said in a monotone way.
"Sir"

----