86. Hatred

🦋

"You didn't go to the office today?" Evelyn asked. She was making lunch when noah hugged her from behind.

She turned the gas on low flame and turned towards him. Both got surprised seeing each other faces. "Noah, what's wrong" she asked holding his cheek, he looked stressed.

"I should ask you the same thing, you look tensed" he said holding her close. "Nothing, i am fine" she said smiling. Alexandra's voice was still running in her mind.

He kissed her cheek. Just then a maid entered the kitchen "Master" she called while looking down. Noah hummed still looking at evelyn.

"Your grandmother is here" she said.

"We're coming" he said and the maid left. "I thought della was in italy" evelyn said.

He shrugged. "Lets go" he said holding her hand.

"Noah" she called not moving from her spot. He turned back towards her waiting for her to say something. But she just stared at him. 

"What" He asked.

Evelyn smiled and shake her head "nothing"

----

"Happy anniversary" della said hugging elijah and ace. They smiled. "Thank you" ace replied hugging her back.

"We thought you were in Italy" Elijah said. "I was, my jet landed this morning" she replied and looked around at the decorations in the mansion.

"I missed the celebration" she complained. "Della" evelyn called happily as she entered the living room with noah.
She smiled hugging her "happy wedding anniversary, god bless you" she said patting her head.

"You too my boy, now come here" della said looking at noah. He chuckled and hugged her "how was your flight" he asked.

"Tiring, this is probably the last time i am traveling. My old ass needs rest" she said.

"Come on you're not old. Look at you you don't look a day over 18" ace said. Della smiled "oh you-"

"1800" he added.

"You little devil!" She scolded smacking the back of his head. Evelyn laughed as ace rubbed his head. Della huffed.

"Don't mind him" noah said "its almost lunch time, join us for lunch"
Evelyn nodded "yeah, everything is almost ready" she said already taking della with her towards the dining table.

She went to the kitchen to finish preparing the food as they talked with della. "The decorations are amazing" she complimented "did she like it?" She asked.

They nodded with big smiles "she loved it" elijah replied. "How fast time flies, i feel like it was yesterday when i met evelyn as your bride" della said.
"You better not be bothering her" she warned.

"Hey! We treat our wife like a princess" ace said proudly.

Evelyn came back holding a tray, behind her few maids entered too. "It smells amazing" della hummed, she smiled and placed the plates.

After setting up everything the maids bowed and left.

"I want to eat the dish that you made" della said. Evelyn smiled. "She made everything" elijah said proudly "she makes the best food"

Evelyn felt embarrassed, she wasn't good with taking compliments. Della smiled as she cut a piece of chicken and took a bite.

Indeed, it was good. Lunch felt like a long session of della and storms bickering and taunting each other. Evelyn was just laughing at her seat.