54. Recovery

🦋

Evelyn

It was dark all around. I had no idea what was going on, at first i thought it was a dream but then, slowly a feeling of dread settled in my heart.

I tried to open my eyes but i couldn't and i didn't know why. My mind was blank. How did i even ended up here. Am i dead. Did i die in my sleep.

Last thing i remember was being with ash, marcus and jacob.

God! My head hurts, what is going on.

Please come back baby.

We can't live without you.

We love you.

Some voices starts to echo all around.

Storms

It was their voice. I desperately looked around but they were not here, only their voices.
Slowly their voices started to fade away. Stop, i wanted to shout but couldn't and i had no idea why?

In a hurry i ran behind those voices. My whole body was hurting but i didn't want to stop. I kept following it, suddenly a bright light came out of no where. And after that i was out.

-----

Evelyn's body jerked as she slowly wake up. She tried to open her eyes but shut them back immediately due to the lights.

Slowly she opened them back. She was extremely confused, everything was white around her. And a constantly beeping sound was echoing in that room. She felt extremely tired.

She turned her head and her eyes fell on a machine. She frowned and slowly realized, she was in a hospital room. She tried to raise her hand to ran it over her face but something stopped it.

With tired eyes she looked down and found another hand holding hers. Elijah was holding her hand, his head was placed beside her legs as he slept in sitting position.

He looked really tired.

Thats when evelyn realized someone else was also touching her. She looked at her other side. Ace was sleeping there, his fingers were intertwined with hers.

Noah was holding her arm lightly as soft snores left his lips. They all were in deep sleep. Evelyn stared at them.

What happened? This was her only question.

She started to get up but "ow" she groaned as her eyes turned watery.

Noah stirred in his sleep. He sighed as his eyes opened. He raised his head "evelyn" he said shocked after seeing her awake. Ace and elijah also woke up. The trio stared at her. Evelyn stabled herself. She saw them looking at her.

Storms just stared at her. Not knowing what to say she awkwardly smiled.

Elijah breathed trying to control his tears. The trio engulfed her in a tight hug "you scared us baby" ace whispered in her ear. "I love you, i love you so much" noah mumbled. They were beyond happy.

On the other hand evelyn struggled in their hold. A whimper escaped from her lip, they hurriedly pulled away. "You okay sweetheart" ace asked.

She shake her head. She ran her gaze around the room and storms looked at her confused. Evelyn's eyes settled on a jar of water. Her small finger pointed towards it.

There was this burning sensation in her throat that she couldn't understand.

Elijah looked at it and understood right away. He quickly picked up that jar and poured some water in a glass. He sat beside her and held the glass close to her lips. Evelyn drank it quickly like she was thirsty for ages.