33. Broken

🦋

Elijah stared at his evelyn who passed out from the exhaustion. They were still laying on the sand, his tattooed body engulfing her naked ones.

He slowly got up and put his shirt on her. He picked her up bridal style and started to make his way back.

Ace was sitting on the couch watching the tv, noah was also sitting on the couch but both of their minds were fixed on evelyn.
They knew she was with elijah but they were missing her. It was impossible for the trio to stay away from her even for a minute.

Sound of footstep came and their heads turned towards it. Ace and noah smiled but it soon fell when they saw elijah carrying evelyn.
"What happened" noah asked panicked. Ace went towards her. "Relax, she just got tired" elijah said smirking. Noah and ace smiled knowing what he meant.

"I'll put her to bed" said ace, he gently took her sleeping figure from elijah and headed upstairs.

Ace laid her on the bed and put the covers over.
"I love you" he whispered and kissed her forehead. He left the room.

-----

It was around late noon when evelyn woke up. She rubbed her eyes and tried to get up but hissed. Her body was sore. She somehow sat up on the bed and placed her head on the head board.

She stared out of the window but in middle of that a tear escaped from her eyes, she wiped it away. The door opened and noah entered. He smiled and came towards her.

"You were sleeping for quite a while baby, you must be hungry" he said caressing her cheek. She nodded quietly. Noah smiled.

"Are you sore sweetheart" he asked looking at her pained expression, she hummed in response.

He handed her advil and filled her a glass of water, she took it. Noah lifted his hand to caress her face but she looked away.
He raised an eyebrow but didn't say anything. "Come lets eat. Ace and elijah are waiting for you" he said but she kept staring down.

Evelyn slowly nodded and removed the covers. She got up somehow, noah tried to hold her hand but she just walked ahead. He was confused and started to catch up with her.

They both went downstairs. Elijah and ace were placing the plates on the table. They saw evelyn coming and smiled. Ace went towards her and gave her a bear hug.

Evelyn's face remained emotionless, when ace broke the hug she didn't say anything and went towards the dining table and quietly sat on the chair. She stared at nothing. Ace and elijah frowned and looked at noah who was also clueless.

Elijah cleared his throat "we made spaghetti for you puppy" he chirped.

"Hm" that was her only reply.

They all settled down, noah served evelyn her food. She slowly picked up a fork and started to eat. The trio kept exchanging concern glances, they tried to start a small talk with her but all they got were nods and hms from her.

Evelyn hardly ate anything. "You want anything else baby" ace said. She shake her head and got up from the chair, she picked up her plate and went towards the kitchen.

Ace and elijah stared at her direction, noah was also looking at her but then he realized something. Evelyn didn't pray before her meal and this was something she never forgets.

Minute by minute the brothers were getting more worried.

As soon as evelyn came out of the kitchen elijah got up and went towards her. He cupped her face "what happened baby, are you okay" he asked, his voice laced with worry. Evelyn stared at him and smiled widely "Of course i'm fine, everything is fine" she said.