53. Amore

🦋

"So we can get the double sales" said the presenter. Storms were sitting in the conference room with all the other people.
But instead of the presentation their minds were wondering around only one person. Their wife.

They were excited for tonight. They planned to take evelyn to her favorite restaurant, they booked the whole place. So they could spend the quality time with her.

Elijah kept checking his watch again and again. He mentally groaned not understanding why the time was passing so slow.

Noah was looking ahead at the presenter, he was trying so hard to focus but couldn't. He was seeing evelyn's face everywhere.

Ace bounced his leg up and down in frustration. He just wanted to be with evelyn. Their evelyn. He roamed his gaze at his brothers, their faces showed the same emotions which he was feeling.

Discomfort. Discomfort of being away from her.
Ace mentally chuckled, damn they all were so whipped.

Suddenly noah's phone vibrated. He looked down and smiled widely. Evelyn's name was flashing on his phone's screen.

His cold heart fluttered, was she also thinking about them, was she missing them just like they were.

He stood up from his chair, not caring about the meeting and walked out. Ace gestured the guy to continue the meeting.

Noah came out of the conference room and picked up the call happily. "Baby-"
"M-Mr. S-Storm" a shaky voice said. Noah's smile fell, it was a boy's voice "who the fuck is it and where is my wife" he roared.

"I-I'm a-ash" the voice stuttered. Noah frowned and then he remembered about evelyn's friend. "Yes i know you" he said "where is evelyn and why are you calling me from her phone" he asked.

A weird feeling settled in noah's heart which he couldn't understand.

On the other hand ash's face was covered in tears as he talked to noah. Doctors just told him and the twins that evelyn's condition wasn't looking good and there are very low chances of her survival since the peanuts acted as a poison in her body.

Twins were really scared for evelyn. But they knew that storms were going to kill them and honestly they thought that they deserved it. They were supposed to protect her.

"I'm asking you something boy, where's evelyn" noah said now in a worried voice. Ash gulped hard.

"S-She is in t-the hospital" he cried. "She a-ate c-chocolate, it h-had peanuts. She w-wasn't able t-to breathe, we t-took her to the h-hospital. She was v-vomiting, t-there was b-blood in it. P-Please come h-here quick Mr. Strom p-please" ash cried.

Noah's blood ran cold. Ash's voice was reaching to his ears but his brain wasn't able to process it. He didn't realize when his face eyes got blurred as one after another tears fell.

Someone placed a hand on noah's shoulder. It was ace and elijah. Ace's eyes widened seeing noah's tear covered face. "Brother" elijah called. He didn't respond.

Elijah took the phone from noah's hands, he saw evelyn's name on the screen. He put it on speaker "Evelyn" ace said. But instead he was met with ash's voice which was groggy from all the crying.

He told them everything.

"Do you even know what the fuck y-you're saying" elijah shouted. "I'm not lying sir, please be quick" he begged.

He smashed the phone on the wall. Ace's hands were shaking in fear.

Elijah took a shaky breath, he somehow stabled himself and looked at his brothers "we need to go" he said hurriedly. Ace nodded. They both looked at noah, who wasn't even saying anything.