67. Auction (Part-2)

🦋

A man came on the stage "ladies and gentlemen, we're going to start. Feel free to bid on any item which caught your eyes, lets get started now" he said.

Butlers came towards everyone's table and handed them their bidder cards.

Storms also got their cards. Evelyn gulped, she didn't want them to spend so much money on that pendant but she really liked it.

"Ok, the first item of the night" he started. One after another several people bid for different things, storms eyes were fixed on that pendant, but they constantly asked evelyn if she wanted them to buy some other things too.

She kept denying.

"Now the next item" that man announced. That pendant was brought to the stage. He decribed it to the bidders "its bidding will be starting from sixteen million dollars" he waved his finger "do we have any bidders for this beautiful diamond and ruby pendant" he said.

Evelyn again got mesmerized by its beauty and stared at it. "And we got 18 million dollars from the storms" he said.

Her eyes widened, she turned her head and saw noah holding the bidding card. "Noah" she said in disbelief, he smiled at her.

"Any other bidders for it, any other. 18 million dollars one, eighteen million dollars two and-" "Oh we got 19 million" he announced cutting himself.

Storms frowned, they looked around and saw a man holding the card. He was the same man who was flirting with claire, she was sitting right beside him but due to the hall being a little dim they weren't able to see her.

Claire saw evelyn looking at that pendant and she wanted to snatch it away from her, just like she was going to snatch the storms soon.

"We got 19 million dollars, anyone else. Anybody who wants to bid"

Elijah's jaw clenched, if their wife wanted it she will get it at any cost. He raised his card.

And as soon as the eyes of the man on the stage fell on the card, he almost chocked on his spit.

"A-And we got 25 million dollars from storms" he announced. People gasped. No one ever jumped this high from one bid to another.
Evelyn's eyes widened "elijah please" she pleaded, she felt extremely bad. Elijah held her hand.

"We can do anything for you"

"So 25 million dollars one, any other bidders. 25 million dollars two"

Claire turned towards that man "aren't you going to bid dean" she said desperately. The man named dean shake his head "sorry beautiful, but i can't give this much money" he said placing his bidding card back on the table.

"You remember your promise, right beautiful" dean whispered in her ear. Claire was so desperate to keep an eye on evelyn that she said she will hook up with him if he helped her in get inside the hall where bidding was taking place.

"25 million dollars three and sold to the storms"

Claire gritted her teeth in anger.

The trio smiled widely. People clapped for them. Evelyn just sat there in shock.

Soon all the items were sold. It was time for the ball which was arranged after the end of the auction.

------

"Here you go Mr. Storm, congratulations" a man said as he handed elijah a dark blue box in which that pendant was kept. "Thank you" he said shaking hands with him.

The trio turned towards evelyn with a childish grin. They were happy that they were able to get her this.

Elijah forwarded the box towards her. Evelyn gulped, it was worth 25 million dollars. Her mind still couldn't wrap it around. "Why" she asked, their smile fell.